Friday 24 September 2021

A Quick Living Room Tour

 


It's time for a quick living room tour I think. 

Sorry to have kept you waiting but this week has been all about appointments and such, the boring stuff that I really do not want to talk about.  So ... some housey housey photographs to take my mind off things.

Two small steps past the kitchen and there is the bathroom door on your left, and heading onwards just  two more steps bring you to the living room. 


The modified radiator cover gives me a welcome extra surface for display of much loved treasures and a handy surface for putting down keys etc  The painted picture sellotaped to the wall was done by my son as my 60th birthday present but due to Covid and his work patterns was only delivered in person by him a few weeks ago.  I wanted to have framed myself once I had decided what colour scheme to go with, so it's there while I make up my mind.


It is a representation of this.

Just a girl in the woods by a simple log cabin ... my idea of heaven ... that I wanted to bring the spirit of to Lavender Lodge.


Anyway to carry on ... turn yourself around watching you don't fall over the ever present Pug, sometimes I think there are three of her she is simply everywhere!!

My gloriously lavender coloured sofa and footstool dominate the small room with a very welcome splash of colour, with most other things having come with me either from the Van or from Wales.  The bedside lamp re-invented now as an evening reading light and my much loved and years old lavender cushion having at last found it's perfect home.


Opposite my sofa and from my viewing position you can see what I see when I sit down on the sofa to relax, and there's been a lot of that recently!!  Everything fitted in so neatly thank goodness, although I do feel slightly dominated by doggy beds.  One or the other was supposed to be the choice but both the dogs and Ginger the cat vary their choice of bed so often I can't bring myself to take one away and leave someone disappointed.

The light floods into this room so wonderfully through the almost floor to ceiling and wall to wall double doors and windows, and the vaulted ceiling takes the eye up so well that although this space is small ... just over 9ft by 12ft ... it feels quite spacious.

There's just one more room to go, so I'll see you next week.

Have a good weekend.


Sue xx



25 comments:

  1. Oh Sue, that room looks so restful and calm - it is absolutely beautiful.
    The picture from your son is quite stunning, he is very very talented.

    I have tiny house envy . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking beautiful, Sue, and I really see what you mean about Lavender Lodge capturing the spirit of the cabin. Have you seen the Youtube channel Living Big in a Tiny House? they feature some amazing ones! This one springs to mind...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnHGKUh-5O4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've subscribed to that channel for quite a while now. Small spaces have always fascinated me, literally from being a child making Lego houses 🏠

      Delete
    2. Hah! I was a Lego child, too!

      Delete
  3. It is all absolutely beautiful, Sue. Gentle and calm and very, very peaceful. You have created such a haven.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely calm room. The picture from your son is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great! I could picture myself in a little place like that but I would need a basement for all of my crap! :)
    Well done, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... the idea is to get rid of all the crap 😀

      Delete
  6. Oh Sue it has all come together perfectly … it looks lovely … and as for your sofa 💜💜💜

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous and very homey...your son's art is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks wonderful Sue and the picture done by your son - so talented. Our ginger cat used to be just like your dog everywhere I turned somedays he would be there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for showing us everything! I love it! And your son painted that picture? Hot damn!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love the colour of your couch. Such a great pop of colour. Once again a fantastic use of space.

    Your son is very talented.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the tour. It looks so cozy, comfy and just overall wonderful! All that natural light must help it to seem larger than it is and also keep it cheerful. Your son is a talented artist! I love his painting. I'm so happy you are settled into your beautiful Lavender Lodge and I do hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two down - one to go! Thanks for sharing.
    With only one dog I have four 'doggy beds' for Himself to choose and use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming soon!!

      Imagine if we had that many beds to choose from 🤣🤣

      Delete
  13. Love the living room in particular.
    The whole house is restful and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It all looks beautiful. I love the colour of the sofa and foot stool. The wooden furniture blends together beautifully too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your home looks so beautiful and will be comfy and cosy in the cold months to come. You have such a talent, Sue, for adding decorative touches too. Your son's painting is gorgeous, he's very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  16. *sigh!* just lovely! I am so sorry you are still having problems with your back. You are having a pretty rough go of it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks fabulous Sue. You have done so much and have created a beautiful cosy home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the way you've designed the rooms, the lavender sofa looks beautiful. You've created a lovely cozy space to relax in. X

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.