Thursday 1 July 2021

The One Where It Gets Worse Before It Gets Better



My back was pretty bad yesterday so Alan went round to oversee the kitchen fitters, wait in for our sofas to be delivered and work from the comfort of his new kitchen, with the table and bench now in place he had as much comfort there as he has here at the flat.  He stole the dongle so he had internet connection and it worked out pretty well.

My kitchen doesn't look that much different from the last photo I showed you, but now all the electrics and the plumbing have been sorted out and the units are properly fixed.  They will be back to finish off today ... and tomorrow if needs be.

After tea we took the dogs round to the annexe so I could have a peek at the kitchen progress and check on my new sofa, which had also been delivered in the afternoon.  Gosh it really feels like it's all go at the moment!!


The living room ... wow what a mess, and I couldn't really see the sofa properly as after checking it over and the legs being attached by the delivery guys, it was left in it's plastic covering to protect it from any dust.  But the colour is glorious and it will really be a feature that fits in well with the name of my new home.


Then we went into Alan's house so I could see his new sofa which had also been delivered yesterday, although it was bought from a different company to mine. His has an electric recliner at each end and a fixed centre seat, it's really comfortable and Alan admitted to perhaps falling asleep on it for ten minutes at lunch time ... so it's been well and truly christened 😄

As Alan's place is now fully decorated, carpeted, curtained and cleaned we will be moving into our new places this weekend  ... at last!!  But there is no rush to do everything all at once as I have my rented flat until mid-August and have booked for an end of tenancy clean for late July.


The decluttering continues and these chairs were put up on Facebook Marketplace yesterday.  Sadly I will have no room for them now.  It's time to be brutal as I would like for this to be the last time I have to declutter.  To move into my new space with just the things I need and love would be brilliant.

Less than 350sq ft of living space doesn't give you much space for clutter if you want to live a good and simple life.


Sue xx





28 comments:

  1. I read somewhere that the required amount of space required by one person is 1000 sq ft.
    You've proved them wrong and done it with style.
    Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, even Alan's four bedroom house is only around that. 😲

      I like small and cosy so my space is perfect for me ... and of course a certain little Pug dog 🐕

      Delete
  2. It is great Alan has a place to light while working/tending over there. I bet he is tired as well.
    Can hardly believe both places are coming together at one time...good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He IS tired, but he's sleeping well and enjoying a well earned can of cider each night, followed by a relaxing bath. 😃

      Delete
  3. Ugh...so sorry to hear that the back is flaring (again/still). All the anticipation of the big move probably isn't helping you from tensing up, either. Hope it calms at least a bit before the weekend. I can only imagine how excited you are to see your finished kitchen and to finally be able to get things sorted...albeit, slowly and carefully. Wishing you the best for your move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's better than it was, I just can't stand or walk for more than a few minutes at a time. I did manage to stagger round to the hairdressers the other day, so at least I look human again.

      Delete
  4. You've made amazing progress on your homes. The work it takes to more, renovate and furnish homes all the while dealing with your back pain is very difficult. To think yesterday the pain was worse is awful. I wish the medical experts could help you. If the current expert(s) can not help, maybe it's time for new experts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, my physio is doing a great job, his advice has been invaluable. It has been very frustrating trying to get things done, it's not like me to be sat on my bum so much while others do the work 🤣

      Delete
  5. It certainly seems to be taking a time to heal. All coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was warned it could take months, and it has ☹️

      Delete
  6. It must be so exciting. It's really taking shape now. It's such a pity that your back is hindering you and I can imagine how frustrating that must be. You must make sure that you take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's frustrating, but I'm trying to be sensible. 🙂

      Delete
  7. Your flat looks amazingly spacious for 350 sq ft. LOVE those huge drawer in your kitchen; they will be so much easier for you back than cupboards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having it all white and having it open in height right to the roof line really gives a lovely feeling of space. I actually have less square footage than I had in the Van but because I have the height it feels like so much more. 😃

      Delete
  8. How exciting that you will move in this weekend. Have you told us the name of you new home or is it to be a surprise unveiling later?

    Please take care of your back and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will reveal the name when the slate name plaque goes up, perhaps one day this week. 😃

      Delete
  9. I'm really sorry your back is still so bad. The kitchen is looking very promising and the living room will also be great - when the kitchen is done and everything is in its rightful place. So exciting.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's now Sunday and I have a sofa to sit on ... no kitchen to cook in yet ... but having my sofa on place is a HUGE improvement 😀

      Delete
  10. I am so pleased for both of you, how lovely to have your own space and yet still be a couple, sounds perfect to me. I must warn you that we had a reclining chair and one day our little terrier was missing, we couldn't find her anywhere but we new it was impossible for her to escape from the garden, we were calling and using the magic words, biscuit and chewy stick but not a sound. We found her under the reclining chair, totally trapped, she must have fallen asleep there but she didn't make a whimper ,as we raised it, first a little nose poked out, slowly followed by the rest of her blonde fluffy body, not phased at all ! So if one day you can't find one of your little darlings, try under the recliner.Wishing you and Alan every happiness in your new homes, Chrissie. PS Hope your back is better soon, x


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we used to lose Rosy under our last recliners on a regular basis 🤣🤣

      Delete
  11. Things are really moving along. I am sorry that your back is still so very sore. Hope your range of movement improves very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's improving in little ways each day, I notice things all the time that I couldn't do previously. 🙂

      Delete
  12. It's all starting to come together, hopefully your back will continue to improve in time for the big move in. My house currently looks like that and that's before I start work on my new kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's exciting getting a new kitchen isn't it ... messy but exciting 😃

      Delete
  13. How wonderful that it is almost finished - can't wait to see the final results. I have lived in an apt. about that size a couple of times but I've worked out that about 400 to 420 would be perfect for me. A friend of mine has a condo that is exactly 420 sq. feet and I could easily make it work. Moving in to a completely new space sounds wonderful - hope your back doesn't interfere too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the perfect size for me, no wasted space and a lovely feeling of light. ❤️

      Delete
  14. I don't think there is any house move, however uncluttered, which can happen without things looking horrendous at some point. But at least you have a clear vision and know where you are aiming for - and the absolute bliss of the rental to return to each night until you're completely straight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the rental but as it's now minus any beds we have officially moved in to the new place. 😃

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.