Wednesday 30 June 2021

Selling Some Old Favourites

 


Some of the things I have here at the flat are just not going to fit into my new place so I have been having a bit of a selling spree on Facebook Marketplace.  As well as little things, a couple of pieces of my much loved furniture has or is going.

My bureau went to a nice guy first thing this morning at the bargain price of £35.


And then later, as soon as we had picked it up from the storage unit I listed the lovely old gate-leg table.  For the £50 it cost me a few years ago it has served us well and now it's time for someone else to enjoy it.  If I had been back home in Wales when Alan was packing things up it wouldn't have even made the journey ... like so much of our stuff, but it was here and stored before I even knew about it.

Now that Alan's house is completely carpeted and curtained we will be moving all the stuff from the storage units and putting things into his 'blue room'.  Once there we can go through things a bit more carefully and just put into our spaces the  things we really want to keep or think that we need.

I am on a continuous decluttering journey and to be honest I think over the first few months of living in my new much smaller space this will continue.  There's really no point in keeping anything that 'might come in handy one day' ... especially if it hasn't up to now!!


Sue xx



18 comments:

  1. It's come that time here as well. Don't see enough future to need all the "might need someday" stuff.
    Tired of cleaning it and around it. It looks better sparse than cluttered. You are doing what seems right to me , as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing the empty space, well before the clutter of the unfinished kitchen arrived, made me even more determined NOT to clutter it up. What a good opportunity this is for a final weeding through of all our possessions. 😃

      Delete
  2. You need to do what works best for you and the space you will be living in. I hope your very loved item go to people who can appreciate and use them with happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I love these two pieces and a couple of other things that I've listed for sale, there is just not the space for them in a living space of under 350sq ft.

      Delete
  3. I wish I had room for your lovely gate-leg table, but like you, I'm decluttering and feeling better for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's hard not to want it you see something really nice isn't it, but sometimes space is even nicer, as I'm sure you are finding out. 🙂

      Delete
  4. I seem to be constantly decluttering or trying to use craft supplies up. Perhaps a move would enable me to rid myself of things I no longer need or want. Love that table and the chest of drawers is beautiful as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a permanent job this decluttering lark isn't it, hopefully with this move of mine I can do it for one last time. 😀

      Delete
  5. What a lovely bureau the chap had for £35. It was a bargain. But still it was better to let it go than keep it and feel cluttered. I've begun sorting out again for our potential move. I didn't think I would ever have to do it again 😳

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really feel for you being almost pushed out of a home you thought so perfect. I do hope the next one, especially if it's single level living will prove a real blessing. Sometimes things happen for a reason, although you've had a really tough time recently. Xx

      Delete
  6. i really loved that old bureau! But you are being very sensible. Maybe in a couple years, I'll need you to come and be sensible for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be a whole new retirement career ... decluttering for other people because all my clutter has gone. 😉

      Delete
  7. Those pieces of furniture are lovely and I bet it feels so good to give someone else the chance of owning them and getting pleasure from them. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to pass things along isn't it. I would hate anything to go to landfill.

      Delete
  8. You could declutter for me any day!! ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm sure you're great at doing it yourself.

      Take care. Xx

      Delete
  9. I wish I could convince my other half that if he has not used something we hauled up here 14 years ago he is unlikely to use it now . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very lucky that Alan likes to get rid of stuff too. The amount of things we left behind in the Welsh house and outbuildings (that the new people were very happy to have) was amazing.

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.