Tuesday 1 June 2021

My 50p Marks and Spencers Jeans


We got this £10 gift card the other week from the company that were our former solar power installers in Wales, they had sent us a brochure and accidentally put unknown to them forged stamps on the envelope.  This meant that all we had received via the redirection service was a card from the Royal Mail asking us to pay postage on an unknown large letter item.

We weren't going to bother sending back the stamps to retrieve this mystery item anyway but then the next day we got a letter from the solar company apologising and explaining what had happened ... and sending us a £10 gift card as an apology, which they had had to send out to everyone who should have got the mailings.  Their buying cheap stamps had backfired big style!!

Then my quarterly M&S vouchers arrived.


 With £19 in the form of a gift card and vouchers for £9 and some extra points for ordering online, it made sense to order something that I really needed.  So with one of my last two pairs of jeans giving up the ghost only the week before I decided I would buy a new pair of jeans for just 50p ... so I bought myself a t-shirt as well  😁


Sue xx


25 comments:

  1. What an excellent bargain...I did pretty much the opposite last week when a 50% off offer came from Lands End. Like you, I needed a new pair of jeans and was tempted to a black pair. They came, and the label said 'wash before use', which I did, hoping they would shrink a little, as most of the reviews said they came up small. They didn't shrink at all, and now I'm stuck with a very baggy pair of jeans, tossing up whether to spend a lot of time trying to take them in a bit, or send to a charity shop and write them off as a bad job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Gemma says, try a VERY hot wash ... or if that fails they could be gardening or painting jeans, as long as you have a belt to hold them up!!

      Delete
    2. I'll try the very hot wash, good idea, thank you!

      Delete
    3. Charlotte, you need to contact the company. My company accepts returns that have been laundered. We can't sell them but we donate them to charity.

      Delete
    4. Ohndear, not good, try putting them in the dryer also....been known to shrink many thingsπŸ€£πŸ˜‚

      Delete
    5. A hot wash, a hot dry ... if this doesn't work nothing will πŸ˜ƒπŸ€£

      Good luck 🀞

      Delete
  2. Nice looking outfit.
    AND CharlotteP give them a wash in hot water they should shrink then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty much my uniform, jeans and stripey tees :-)

      Delete
  3. How odd! I've never heard of forged stamps - well, not normal everyday ones. Bet that was a shock to the company. Great to get jeans for 50p! We got a lovely bargain today (gorgeous curtains) which I'm over the moon with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of them either, and Googling them just brings up lots of forged very old stamps so I'm still non the wiser!

      Delete
  4. Love the outfit and what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love the simplicity of jeans and t-shirts or jumpers πŸ˜€

      Delete
  5. Its incredible what they counterfeit these days. Apparently they even do washing powder! Love the jeans and top, and for 50p bargain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scammers are out in force these days, why can't people put all that energy into earning an honest living instead

      Delete
  6. Wow, that was one great deal. Good for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coupons are brilliant aren't they, keeping costs down for everyone.

      Delete
  7. Wow - that is fantastic value.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice that the gift card and coupons added up neatly to the price of the jeans πŸ˜ƒ

      Delete
  8. Ha! As my husband always says: "Might as well."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love M & S clothes and the basics are very good, I buy the jeggings for £15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look dreadful in jeggings, it's boot-cut usually for me or straight leg at a pinch πŸ˜€

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.