As requested here is an update on Colin.
He almost took another tumble the other day, so I decided to re-pot him into a much larger and heaver pot. Obviously here at the flat I don't have any plant pots, and as there's no more raiding the polytunnel every time I need something for a houseplant I carefully removed some almost hibernating Snowdrops into a plastic pot where they can await their transplanting into our new garden, and gave Colin the nice heavy terracotta pot that they had been in. He seems to have settled in well to life in my kitchen with his new friends.
With Alan driving I managed to get to the annexe last night to see how the painter had gotten on. The whole place is painted now with a matt finish on the ceilings and an acrylic on the walls for longevity. They had left everywhere nice and neat with just a little collection of pots by the door ready to be picked up by the boss who is wallpapering the bedroom wall himself one day this week.
I dreamt the other night that the wallpaper had shredded as they tried to put it up and they presented me with a bucket of wallpaper coloured papier mache ... fingers crossed this doesn't come to pass 😄
Alan had tried out the Linseed Oil on one of the doors, and it looks beautiful. He did the edges of both doors before they were hung and then carried on to do the whole of the bathroom door.
I will do the edges of the bathroom door again as it will be in a steamy environment and then finish off the bedroom door once my back is a bit less painful, but in the meantime I can admire them now that they are in situ.
This is the now whiter than white bedroom, and do you notice something missing from all these photos? Well I've been photographing white things over and over to check it out but my new to me camera does not have the blotches my old one had stuck on the lens.
I have held off for years buying a new camera, I liked mine as it was just a simple point and shoot type with settings that I rarely changed and it really did the job, was nice and small and light to carry out for days away and well it was just a good camera ... apart from the blotches it developed a few years ago. Which seemingly are a known fault with this model.
Then the other day after photographing white walls with their dark spots and realising that I was sick of explaining, mostly here on the blog, that the blotches were the cameras fault and not on the wall or door etc I decided to bite the bullet and see about getting myself a new camera. I looked for a new similar model and the cost ... well WOW!! I might be splashing the cash on my new home but over £400 for a little camera seemed a bit steep. Then I decided to look on Amazon for my exact model and found a couple for sale secondhand. One day and £99 later and I have exactly what I needed, and I will hang on to my old one for spares. Apart from not having the blotches it makes me happy that it's one less thing going to landfill and I am making good use of something that has been reconditioned for reuse.