Tuesday 30 August 2022

Random Jobs, Filters, Dishcloths and Souvenirs


Alan has just got himself a brand new Gtech upright cleaner and a little handheld one to accompany it.  We know these are good as I bought this K9 version for the caravan and during closed season we had it at home in Wales for a quick daily clean around to save getting the Dyson out.  Then I used it at the flat and now it's with me here in the Lodge.  So when his Dyson started playing up a bit and the large cleaning head on it broke he decided to bite the bullet and get himself a Gtech too.

Well his sparkly clean new one put mine to shame so the other day I set too giving it the biggest clean of it's life up to now.


Everything was stripped down and cleaned.


Everything that could go in the sink went in the sink and soon everything was nice and clean.


Well except for my dishcloth that I decided to use to clean it.  

No matter I still have more new ones in the pack I bought long before I moved to this new home.  They do last well these cloths and I highly recommend them, Not I hasten to add for the 'antibacterial' properties, this really annoys me ... we need bacteria in our lives to some extent to help us keep our immune systems in good working order, so why is everything anti-bacterial these days.

Anyway the old cloth has now moved down a peg to floor cloth and the new one is on the kitchen sink ready for daily pot washing duties.


While I was having a clean up I came across these ... the only souvenirs that I brought back from our holiday in Spain back in May.  A triangular sachet of sugar from a café on the sea front in Port of Alcudia and two little shells off the beach at the front of our hotel.

Happy memories, at virtually no cost.


Sue xx



11 comments:

  1. We recently bought a Shark from Lakeland as the stick Dyson wasn’t holding its charge. It has a light on it which makes me realise how much stuff lands on the hard floors! It’s also good as a handheld vacuum but wouldn’t suck up the hundreds of seed beads I spilled last week🥲 Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got a stick Dyson when they first came out and it never worked well, so we switched to an upright Dyson after that and then Alan bought the cylinder one that he has now. But we both actually prefer the Gtech and yes, having a light on the front is a brilliant idea isn't it ... it highlights all the cobwebs and dust bunnies. :-)

      Delete
  2. I love your little shells. On the rare occasions we took the children on holiday to the seaside they used to pick up a shell each to take home. It's amazing how the smell of the seashore lingers in them for ages.
    Great job cleaning the vacuum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the little souvenirs that can hold the most memories isn't it, especially for children. It was well overdue it's clean!!

      Delete
  3. I love your holiday souvenirs! I collect pine cones from wherever we go - Jon has a penchant for toothpicks.
    We don't own a vacuum cleaner - it's a string mop, a stiff brush and a feather duster and an eternally dusty house, maybe we should invest!
    I'm with you on the antibacterial nonsense, it's as bad as all that detox rubbish! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah but look how fit and slim you are down to do your floors the old-fashioned way. Keep at it as long as you are able to ... and then invest in a Gtech. :-)

      Delete
  4. I try and bring back a rock or a shell from every place we holiday. Free and they bring back some lovely memories.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather have a nice pebble or shell than any bit of plastic tat souvenir.

      Delete
  5. As children, we used to collect bucket loads of shells and Mum and Dad made us sort through them and only keep 'the best'. Sensible! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... very sensible. Imagine a home over-run with shells and pebbles. :-)

      Delete
  6. I have a glass bowl etched to look like a globe. (I found it at a thrift store. That is where my travel treasures go.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.