Tuesday 9 August 2022

Statistics, Desert Islands, Decluttering and Euros

 

Somehow I ended up looking at my blogging statistics yesterday and it was quite fascinating.  I don't do it too often as it's too much like the day job but this was interesting and not work ... hence enjoyable!!

At exactly 2.52pm there were 27 people reading yesterday's post and one person typing a comment on it, 198 people reading other posts ... the oldest post of which at that time was one back in September 2020 ... hands up if this was you.  😀

The nearest reader to me was just outside Lancaster, and while my geography is not brilliant, one of the furthest away was in Russia.  We had 28 countries being represented one of which for some reason was described as 'Unknown country' ... which made me think of a little desert island somewhere with a palm tree in it's centre.

As I said it's fascinating stuff, and while I was entertaining you with my photos and weird ramblings you were entertaining me with your reading choices and home towns.


I did manage to set to and sort through another cupboard yesterday, this time it was the turn of the boiler cupboard.  My kitchen looks like there's lots of storage until you open a cupboard door and come across something like this.  😄

But I do make good use of all available space.

There's not a huge amount of difference, but what makes me really pleased is that I am now getting to the stage of only having things that I truly do need and use.  The few things that I got rid of went straight into the recycling bins. (Not the bottle though, I reuse them for as long as I can for car journeys, so that was filled from the tap and popped into the fridge.)

Note to self - take the euros to the Post Office and get them changed back to spendable money!!

(Or go on holiday to where I can spend them 😃)


Sue xx



28 comments:

  1. Your boiler cupboard looks super. I am eyeing up the space on the right and seeing potential for lots more hooks (that is assuming you have anything which needs putting away in that space 😊). Yesterday I finally managed to clear away the last of the 'stuff' which was displaced when we changed vans - such a relief to have everything put away and a clear area in its place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there is space for perhaps a few more things, but the kitchen fitter advised me not to get carried away as the boiler has to have a free air space all around it for safety reasons. And at the moment I don't have anything else that needs to be hung. :-)

      It is nice to finally get to that stage of everything being in it's rightful place isn't it.

      Delete
  2. Never change money back, start browsing for your next holiday 😉x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, perhaps we will look into a short break to Ireland again, we do love Dublin.

      Delete
  3. Go on holiday - you know you want to!
    I'd forgotten all about those stats, I haven't looked at them in years - I'm off to investigate further. That map in your sidebar always says Leicester when I visit your blog, I'm miles away! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am tempted!!

      It's only just started saying Garstang when I'm on my own blog, it used to put me in Lancaster! The stats are fascinating aren't they.

      Delete
  4. I should do the latter - another little break sounds great and you can use euros in Ireland, I think.

    I rarely check my stats but reading this was so interesting - influence around the world. Lovely!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough I thought of a little break to Ireland, it might just happen ... but we have three more mini holidays already booked so it might have to wait a while.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It does seem to be what everyone thinks I should do :-)

      Delete
  6. You just inspired me to check my own stats, something I haven't done in ages. I am surprised to find how colourful it all is now, it just shows how long it's been since I checked!

    I'm with the 'book a holiday' brigade, you so deserve it ;)

    And I must say I'm impressed with your cupboard, so much in there but very neat and tidy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to check once in a while, but I don.t do it very often.

      It's a handy little space to have, it mostly holds my tools (if you can call 3 screwdrivers, 2 hammers and a pair of pliers my toolset) and other handy bits and pieces, glue, vegetable brush etc.

      Delete
  7. Ooh, I still haven't started my de cluttering yet - one of these days I'm going to run out of excuses!
    A holiday sounds good
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just do it like I'm doing it, one little area at a time. It does stop it from becoming a chore. A holiday is starting to sound better and better as more of you are mentioning it ;-)

      Delete
  8. I like the second option for the euros. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to be the majority opinion :-)

      Delete
  9. I like how you have a place for everything, and everything in its place - like the scissors hanging on the hook in the cupboard so you always know where they are! I am happy to visit your blog from Naperville, Illinois, USA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd forgotten I had a pair of scissors hanging in there until I started tidying the cupboard a bit.

      I told you my geography is bad, Alan said 'I bet a lot of your American and Canadian readers are actually further away than the Russian couple'. I have family in Illinois, my Nana's sister married a GI just after the war and moved to be with him and raise a family there.

      Delete
  10. I want to see pics of your yard and new planter boxes. Love your tool shed! Carol from Montana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt they will be popping up very soon as I get things planted in the back garden. I love the shed too and it holds an amazing amount considering it's small size.

      Delete
  11. re: the euros? I would go for the second option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am beginning to believe a holiday might be on the cards. :-)

      Delete
  12. Putting my hand up for the second option re the Euros.

    Oh and I am 6,370 Km away from you (well from London).

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely save the euros and use them in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to think that I might :-)

      Delete
  14. I didn't realise that you can see all that information about your blog, how fascinating, it makes the world a smaller place, whatever you decide to do with the euros, I hope you can treat yourself to a little something .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting to see where all my readers are, and who's reading what and when. Sometimes comments seem a bit out of context until I realise that someone has just been reading a post from a year ago and that is what I posted about then and I understand why they are asking a particular question.

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.