Friday 8 October 2021

Lazy Week, Cosy Afternoons

 


It's been a lazy type of week, my ongoing health problems keep me in most of the time, but this week we did go out on Tuesday to Poulton le Fylde to get Alan measured for a couple of new suits.  He needs to be very smart for work on the occasions when he has to venture into the office or to meetings, working mostly from home means jeans and t-shirts even when on secure line meetings, when visibility with other attendees at the meetings is a personal choice.

Anyway we found parking close to the tailors so I managed the couple of hundred yards walk to the shop, and very handily the carpark we were in was adjacent to a Wetherspoons so it would have been rude not to stop and have a spot of lunch.  We must remember to time the visit to pick up the finished suits with lunchtime ... the meals we both had were very tasty and very well cooked 😃


Yesterday I somehow came across a totally new to me YouTube channel.  Although it is in Russian most of the videos, of which there are only a few at the moment, have English subtitles.  The gentle music and the Summerhouse home that Daryadarcy is creating was absolutely lovely to watch and to relax into.

Although every time her beautiful cat came on the screen Mavis got a little excited.  After a while she settled down to watch with me, cocking her head to one side whenever the cat appeared on screen.


YouTube Link for anyone watching on phone etc.

Click on the photo to have a little watch yourself and you will realise why I found it so enthralling and relaxing.  She has a very similar taste in vintage and also re-using the things that she found when they bought the little summerhouse to me.  I have included the written link for anyone watching on a mobile device.


It was nice to sit and watch yesterday on a gloomy Thursday teatime, and seeing all that pretty china being broken up for the splashback it somehow reminded me that I had yet to unpack my shopping bag full of Beryl ware that was languishing in Alan's spare-room.


I knew I had one of my pretty plates missing!!



Sue xx





18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. I will take a look and see.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s nice when you find a good You Tube channel to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently came across that same video channel on you tube and also found it to be very calming and enjoy watching her creativity. Very simple changes that have a great look and impact on their little cottage. Ranee (MN) USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. That channel sounds wonderful. I'm glad you had an enjoyable lunch out. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right it was a very pleasant and soothing video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are resting up and hopefully healing. I think I had that in my side bar this week when I was watching this video on Youtube. I know it absolutely calmed and grounded me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4IuSRUHyDI

    ReplyDelete
  7. I took delivery of my new salt lamp yesterday. I love the way it gives such a cosy glow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same bag as you have xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a gift from Ilona (aka Meanqueen) a few years ago and has been in use ever since. 😀

      Delete
    2. I thought I recognised it. It's nice to know it is useful.

      Delete
  9. I love the cozy look and feel of your home! The video does look relaxing to watch and her cottage is beautiful. Thank you for the link. Your Beryl ware is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I was halfway through sending a comment and then had a call - not sure if I actually pressed post comment or not. If not just to say will try the link and love the pretty plate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh Sue I was totally captivated with the video of the cottage and the relaxing music. Thanks for sharing this, I really enjoyed it and your cozy home looks wonderful to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home is looking terrific! I like how you have arranged things around that TV.
    The video is lovely and the woman is sweet but I can't watch too much - people like that make me feel soooo guilty! How can she know how to do so many things so well! Amazing! My DIY projects always turn out looking like bad DIY projects! Not a professional finish ever! :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're right Daryadarcy's summerhouse is lovely, as is her video, (and Darya herself!); but the beautiful vintage, yet uncluttered look you have achieved in your own small space appeals to me more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Subscribed, thanks Sue for the link, how amazing♥ The plate looks like Johnson Bros Rose Chintz? I bought a cup, saucer and small plates several years ago:) Hope you are beginning to feel better Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally right about it being Johnson Bros, but it's the Villa Roses design. The two are so close though aren't they, and wouldn't look out of place mixed and matched.

      Delete
  15. Sorry I have missed a few of your recent posts, a combination of trying to get stuff done outside before the weather breaks and the ensuing tiredness leaves little brain-power for the computer 🥲

    Years ago the TV was on an inside wall in the sitting room. Whilst watching One Man and His Dog, my Bearded Collie was fascinated by the sheep and when they disappeared off screen he looked in the direction they had gone, left the room and was seen the other side of the wall to the TV trying to work out where they were. Too damn clever for his own good, that dog!! 🐶 🐾 🐏

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.