Thursday 9 March 2023

Just a Girl ...


Just a girl, standing in the kitchen taking a photo ... that's NOT of food!!  😁

If you know the film, you know the film.

It's only when you change your diet, or limit your intake of food in any way that you realise just how much we are bombarded with food images, adverts on television, on social media ... and how much we talk about food.  

I've also discovered that the vast majority of the YouTubers and Instagrammers that I follow are foodies or food related. I sat eating my breakfast watching someone on a YouTube channel about food budgets make a pie and I just kept thinking ... PIE, PIE!!

I could of course go and sit and read a book, but the two books that I have on the go at the moment are Jack Monroe's latest Thrifty Kitchen and Home Economics by Jane Ashley.  So I'll go blog hopping and read some of my favourites that I missed while I was away yesterday  ... oh Sue.   I am loving your challenge though.  😀
 

Just one food pic from me ... proof that I have mastered flipping an omelette.  Yay ... it's only taken me about forty odd years!!


Sue xx



21 comments:

  1. It's true, think about dieting and you're immediately bombarded by food ads and pics everywhere you look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the world is obsessed with food, sadly it's mostly the ultra processed food that is advertised, when have we last seen an advert for a cabbage. :-)

      I least when I do go shopping it's nice and quick, as I just bypass all the packets etc on the aisles.

      Delete
  2. Yay for mastering the flipping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I said as it landed on the plate ... Yay!!

      Delete
  3. Well done ! But don't feel disappointed if the next one is not well turned, the most important part is the flavour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, no matter what they look like the flavour is amazing. I'm not as fussy about what food looks like when it's just for me, but it is so satisfying when it comes out well.

      Delete
  4. I do love omlets, and that looks like a very nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry!
    I still say it's an experiment rather than a challenge because you are the queen of challenges and I couldn't compete!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are forgiven, especially as your curry looks amazing. :-)

      Experiments are as good as challenges in my book.

      Delete
  6. It's so true that food images are EVERYWHERE !! Lovely looking omlette there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, and having all my books out on the shelves in the kitchen and living room makes me want to read about food as well. I'm my own worst enemy. ;-)

      Delete
  7. Prize winning omelette there-well done! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was so tasty too. Gold for me then. :-)

      Delete
  8. Love that film. I find that when I am dieting ( now a swear word in our house ) I live, breath dream and fantasise about food I have also always been a comfort eater and today has been so so stressful I feel like eating the entire contents of the fridge ,I could even smother my slipper in mayo and eat that . Expert omelette I have never mastered the art , I can't cut bread straight either or get a serving of spaghetti in a bowl first try ! Now off to stick my head in a bowl of custard :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, give me an unsliced loaf and I can butcher it with the best of them. The final crust is always ski slope shaped. :-)

      Oooh ... custard!!

      Delete
  9. Same when I started my low fat way of eating, fatty food galore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sod's law isn't it, whatever you try to cut out is suddenly EVERYWHERE!!

      Delete
  10. Great and perfect omelet flipping.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet if I went on a clothes buying diet I'd have the same trouble! If Jon and I watch one of the commercial channels we often wonder how people on diets cope with all the adverts for junk food.
    That omelette looks very professional!
    I've had to Google the quote, not a film I've ever seen (Four Weddings put me off Richard Curtis for life!) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.