Wednesday 15 March 2023

Shopping for the Fifth Time this Month, Vouchers ... and Gravy Bones

 


Yep, I've been food shopping for the fifth time this month, hopefully this will be the last time, maybe, perhaps ... who knows!!  😄

Seriously though, I needed another card, a sympathy one this time, the dogs needed some chicken and I wanted to buy Alan a sweetish treat for when he arrived home from working away for a few days late last night.  He needs something light and tasty or he'll succumb to cheese and Port, oh how those two foodstuffs lie in wait for him!  I thought a couple of egg custards would fit the bill nicely ... yuk if you ask me ... but he loves them.

The rest of the things were all for me to go with the fresh and frozen vegetables that I have in the fridge and freezer, and reasonably good for my Fast 800 diet.  I'm trying to keep it simple, just having things that I can make without too much thought while I have so much on my mind.

I remembered to say yes to the receipt when the cashier asked me and it is now stuck in my diary for posterity.  I need to add the totals up and see just how much of my original £592.20 I have actually spent.  The only real Challenge with this money is to see how long it is going to last me.  

Well I say 'only real Challenge' but as you know I am also trying to run down the stash in the food cupboard, which unfortunately seems to be mostly full of foods I am trying to avoid at the moment.  This will alter in a week or so when I move away from doing the Fast 800 every day and switch to the 5:2 TRE diet, which basically just doing the Fast 800 for two days each week and eating sensibly, but sticking with time restricted eating for the other five. 


This £10 off voucher for Booths came last week, and I might try and make my actual money last a bit longer by seeing if for one month I can buy everything that I need to go with things that I already have in the house just with vouchers and points.  

Well, maybe allow myself a couple of pounds for when the cost goes a smidge over the total of the vouchers etc., but that should help stretch my money out a bit.  I have M&S vouchers, this Booths one and just over £15 of Nectar points, I need to add them up and see exactly what I have.

Today I'll end with this cuteness as it is here in the lodge at the moment ... it's a pity you can't hear the snores!!

Ginger

Suky and Mavis

Mavis was signed off by the vets at her check up on Monday, and has been given the go ahead to start eating Gravy Bones again next week, something she will no doubt be very grateful for.  A walk is so much better when you arrive home to a little Gravy Bone snack.


Sue xx



22 comments:

  1. I would welcome a £10 Booths voucher - but not expecting one as we can only go to Booths when we are on the journey to Scotland and call in at the shop in Penrith, so never a big spend for us but I do stock up on things I can't find at home and a £10 voucher would cover them easily!! I am saving M&S vouchers for our family hols in Scarborough to use in their cafe. Last year with the kids meals being free with an adults and our vouchers we only paid £1.70 for lunch and drinks for 5 of us. we also got into the castle for half price because we booked with our Sparks reward card. Well done M&S for making a UK family holiday less expensive. Mavis, Suky and Ginger are so cute. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that is REALLY clever use of good old Marks and Sparks offer. :-)

      I've done well with Booths vouchers this last two times, both for £10. It's mostly to do with Alan getting lots of his Christmas food from there, and then just after Christmas us putting together a hamper for his sister and her partner filled with all local Lancashire goodies and bought from Booths, they did us a Scottish one last year so we were following a trend.

      Delete
  2. Those snuggly pet photos are just gorgeous, they've put a huge smile on my face!
    Gah! Now you've said it I can't get cheese and port out of my head, I want some! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look cosy don't they, and they are still snoring hours later!!

      Delete
  3. The photographs of your delightful furries have made me feel all warm and snuggly inside just at a time when I needed it, thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm pleased they had that effect. xx

      Delete
  4. Funnily enough my hubby also loves custard tarts and I hate them! I'm glad Suky's mouth is better, and the pets all look so cute when they're asleep, don't they? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the flabby texture isn't it, I have always hated them. They look like little angels when they are asleep.

      Delete
  5. My husband loves custard tarts also! The cute picture of the dogs in the same bed made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all interchangeable. An hour later Mavis was on the chair with Ginger and Suky was in the much bigger dog bed on the other side of the room all stretched out by herself. I never know where I am going to find them next ... or who with.

      Delete
  6. Hello! I so enjoyed visiting with you this evening. It is such a cozy place you created!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we are a happy bunch here ... welcome to the gang. Your post about yourself and your family was a wonderful way to get to know you quickly. xx

      Delete
  7. It has been rainy and from 52 to 68 today and my feline gas been doing the same--quietly snorng on his favorite chair...Give them all a happy snack and a hello from across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a yucky week all week, I don't blame them all snoozing the day away. Mind you, they would do that no matter what the weather was doing!

      Delete
  8. Aww the fur babies look so very comfortable.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy and warm, just as it should be. xx

      Delete
  9. Well done with sticking to your diet. I am comfort eating, which is never good. Looking forward to some improved weather for walking - when the sun came out on Tuesday it was lovely walking to the post box and back.

    Yuk to Custard Tarts too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you really do just have to have something comforting don't you. I've been stepping out between showers just for a lungful of nice fresh air.

      Delete
  10. Your sleeping beauties are quite adorable. So glad Mavis seems to have made a full recovery from her dentistry, 🐾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so much better this week, what a relief. xx

      Delete
  11. I know a teacher who saves all her punch cards and vouchers and things like it for summer, when she is not working and money is a bit tighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good idea to save up things like that and use them when you need them most isn't it. Anything that gives us a bit of breathing room is good in my book.

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.