Tuesday 7 March 2023

Shopping ... and a Few of My Recent Meals

 

Alan asked me if I wanted to go shopping with him this morning, at first I said no as there were only two items on my list, so he said that he would pick them up for me.  Then I was showered and dressed before he got back with the dogs from their walk, and with the sun shining brightly outside I thought sod it, why not go.  By then there were four items on my list .....

I ended up spending a total of £30.29 on the above food, and a bit more on the Foodbank shopping.

I blame the sunshine and the lovely fresh produce for tempting me out and then tempting me to spend when it wasn't strictly necessary.  But it is nice to be stocked up on everything and I doubt I will have to go shopping again for a while.  

Oh, and our Aldi still has the '3 items per customer notices' on all the salad stuff.

There's been quite a lot of interest in the Fast 800 diet that I'm doing, so I thought I would show you a few of my recent meals to give you an idea of what I'm eating at the moment.  This is what I call my 'lazy breakfast' just a couple of eggs scrambled with some fresh spinach.


This was my breakfast on Friday, a Mediterranean Vegetable omelette.  It takes a bit longer but oh boy was it worth it.  I took a photo before I folded it over and lifted it from the pan because I usually make an almighty mess when I do that. 😄

But not this time!!


I used Violife Extra Mature Cheddar on mine and it was delicious. In fact it was so nice that I am having it again for my lunch today.


These are the contents of a wrap I made for myself one day for lunch.  There were so many contents that the wrap didn't stand a chance ... messy, but again delicious.


A nice simple tea from one night last week.

Those steam in the bag vegetables that I treated myself to from Aldi last week have been great.  A bit of an over-packaged luxury I know, but when you are hungry and temptation is biting at your heels sometimes it's just nice to get everything done nice and simply, already calorie counted and with minimal washing up afterwards.

I won't be using them for ever but while I'm doing this diet I may have to buy another pack when all mine have been used up.


This was an evening meal when I wasn't overly hungry, so it's simply a cheese salad and I decided to have the treat of a drizzle of mayonnaise.  It really hit the spot.


This was a lovely tea, just a simple fish, rice and peas with some salad to fill up the plate.


And on a day when I was almost thinking of throwing in the towel, luckily on my menu I had decided to make myself something simple, tasty and a bit more like my usual sort of diet when I'm watching a film on a Sunday afternoon.  A pizza!!

Using one of my wraps from the freezer as the base, simply topped with all the odds and sods from the fridge and using the last of my grated cheese.  As it was so thin I folded it over to eat it, so it was actually much more like a baked quesadilla.


So there you go, a little snippet of the foods that I have been eating on this diet up to now, and here is my new menu plan for this week.  It does make it easier to sit and menu plan all in one go and know exactly what I am eating each day.  The urge to cheat is lessoning slightly and up to now my only 'cheat' has been a couple of extra nuts one day.

During the first week I lost 5lbs in weight, three of which were in body fat, an inch off my waist and a couple of points off my BMI, but most importantly my blood pressure dropped by a decent amount.  So I am happy enough with this to keep going.

 I would be daft to stop now!!


Sue xx





21 comments:

  1. Well done on the diet and lower BP. Your meals look tasty. I've just done a bung-it stew with mince, two tins of chopped tomatoes, one of green lentils, various veg from the freezer. This will be lunches for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious, I am imagining it with a cobbler style top on the last day when there's not a lot left. But then I'm dreaming of carby, stodgy additions to everything at the moment. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Well Done on keeping going - I would be a hopeless failure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The urge to give up is great, but I have to give it my all this time, even if I just lose a stone by my birthday I'll be happy.

      Delete
  3. The food looks delicious, and I laughed aloud about flipping the omelet because, yes, here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made the one for my lunch and that flipped out even better ... I am obviously a new woman!!

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous result - well done you! If that's not an incentive to keep going then I don't know what is.
    My brother followed the same diet back in 2018, hired a personal trainer and went from being known locally as "Big Macca" to having a physique like Ronaldo with a six pack and an adoring female fan club - he's never looked back.
    The omelette and the pizza look absolutely delicious. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a good recommendation for sure ... although I doubt I'll find a six pack. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Wow, that's amazing and no, don't give up you have made such a good start and I like the look of those meals , in a couple of months you will be sat on your patio in little shorts and bikini tops beating off the admirers with a stick and you will feel radiant and fit and hopefully it may help your back ( my dodgy knee has benefited ) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well aren't you just the optimistic one ... haha! I can only live in hope ... and stick to it.

      Delete
  6. Crikey a 5lb loss in a week is brilliant and all your food looks so very tempting. That's what I love COLOURFUL FOOD :) I agree it really would be daft to stop now with all the health benefits you are getting. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm loving the colourful food, although I am finding that cauliflower definintely has unfortunate side effects with me, lets just say having no sense of smell at the moment is a REAL blessing. ;-)

      Delete
  7. 5lb is great…a good first week loss really spurs you on, doesn’t it? That’s an amazing difference in BMI as it’s usually around 8lb loss for one BMI point. Good luck with your continued loss. I’m doing Slimming World and have lost 19lb so far…slow going though. June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obviously calling it the wrong thing then, by points I meant that I have gone from a BMI of 31 to a BMI of 30.4, so a loss of .6 (point 6). Well done losing 19lb is brilliant, I hope I can do similar.

      Delete
  8. You would indeed be daft to stop, just as things are going so well. Good for you!
    I love the steam in the microwave bags too - they save a lot of hassle and taste pretty good. I don't have them all the time, just now and again. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really handy aren't they, and they do mean that the thought of getting out a pan etc to make some veggies which might stop me from adding any is averted. So they are very good to add in to my shopping while I'm doing this.

      Delete
  9. Very well done. Your meals look very tasty.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been very tasty, and I think that's the trick, if you don't have a lot what you do have has to be super tasty to make you feel a bit satisfied.

      Delete
  10. This all looks so tasty and well done you for sticking to your plan. I agree about the prepped veg when temptation strikes you need to have something quick to prepare
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still sticking to it up to now ... the the temptation to eat pastry is IMMENSE!! :;-)

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.