Thursday 2 March 2023

Shopping, Birthday Cards ... and Poor Little Mavis

 

First let's get up to date on the shopping.

My 1st March shopping, including chicken and bread to take for Mum and Alan's lunch yesterday and two double packs of tissues as I had none in the house, some more lovely fresh bits to go in the fridge ... and when I saw the cucumbers I just had to get one!!  

Oh, and a bunch of Daffodils each for me and Alan, they are already open and looking lovely.  I HATE the smell of daffodils indoors, but while I still have absolutely no sense of smell it doesn't really matter.  😁

Sainsbury's £20.96

These have just arrived, but as I paid for them yesterday I am classing them as a 1st March purchase as well.  

They are just high protein shakes that I can use on the go, or it seems to also make pancakes or microwave mug cakes out of when I have a day when I am much too low on my protein requirements.

The Fast 800 Shop - £76.96


Sainsbury's £30.20

And unbelievably I was back in Sainsbury's again this morning as Mavis needed chicken and eggs for her soft food diet for the rest of this week.  She had 7 teeth out at the vets yesterday and has a very sore mouth ... poor little girl.  But she is happy and cheerful this morning after a breakfast of scrambled egg.

I also needed my March birthday cards so this added to my bill.  I have started buying the cards for the coming month right at the start of each month so that they are already for posting just before birthdays etc.  I still have to find a nice 18th card for my grandson, there were lots of lovely ones for girls but none for boys ... it's always the way isn't it.

I'm looking forward to next month when there is only my birthday ... and I don't have to buy myself one.  😀

Thanks for all the interest in me doing the Fast 800 diet, I will try and do some blog posts about it, but it's pretty new to me, even though Alan did it a few years ago and I read his books.  I remember trying the Intermittent Fasting part of it and the 5:2 diet and getting on really well, so hopefully it will go okay this time too.

I'll be back next time with more information on what I'm doing, the foods I've been eating up to now, and if I'm feeling brave enough my starting figures ... which are already on a downward curve.


Sue xx



26 comments:

  1. Ooh, 7 teeth in one go, poor little Mavis indeed, she deserves lots of extra cuddles. I wish I was in the mood to start dieting, but I'm just not right now, not until the weather warms up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it sounds a lot, but it's not as many as she had to have out when we got her back after being stolen, she had to have 24 out then after being starved for 5 months and having pups. :-( At least she has 11 teeth left ... which is 8 more than Suky. Poor gummy doggies. :-(

      She's getting lots of extra cuddles and is enjoying her egg and chicken diet.

      Delete
  2. Oh poor Mavis, what a trauma she has had. Please give her an extra cuddle from me.
    I'm with Sooze, I'm afraid. I think about dieting/ cutting down on stodgy food but it's much too COLD still. And I'm a wuss when it's cold :(
    Your food looks tempting though, Sue, especially the fish ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! She was feeling pretty sorry for herself yesterday and is a bit improved today.

      I wouldn't normally dream of dieting at this time of year but when it's for medical reasons you just have to grit your teeth and get on with it. Losing at least a stone in a very short space of time is very good for rapidly reducing blood pressure (and blood sugar, although I don't have a problem with that). I will be using up all my supplies of soup from the freezer and making lots more, hot soup is the answer for sure.

      Delete
  3. Poor Mavis hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's looking a bit better today, thank goodness. :-)

      Delete
  4. lots of love to mavis xxx good luck with your diet x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you. I'll give Mavis a cuddle from you. xx

      Delete
  5. Aww, poor wee Mavis! I hope she feels back to normal soon. Good luck with the Fast 800. I've done it and quite liked it. I didn't lose a huge amount of weight but I definitely felt better for it. I'm sure if I'd kept going with it I'd have lost more. Although I do still try to do the fasting bit by not eating after 6pm xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's on the mend. :-)

      Thank you, I am enjoying it and it seems to suit me as I prefer not to eat for quite a while in the morning, so the 14/10 is working for me at the moment and that helps when you haven't a huge amount of food to eat during your waking hours.

      Delete
  6. Oh, poor Mavis. I am glad that she enjoyed her eggs this morning.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves her eggs, it's tuna and chicken for her for tea tonight, she's going to be in heaven and Ginger will enjoy sharing the tuna with her. :-)

      Delete
  7. Our little Barkzilla sends good vibes and sniffs to Mavis. Barkzilla had 16 teeth out on Monday. Luckily no molars were involved. She's high as a kite on the pain meds the Vet sent home with her .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of love to Barkzilla too, Mavis is in full sympathy. When Suky had all but 3 of her teeth out a couple of years ago she was poorly for a few days ... not surprisingly! Mavis looks very gummy now as she has just lost the last of her fangs.

      Being as high as a kite sounds like the only way for Barkzilla to cope with it, I hope she feels better soon. xx

      Delete
  8. Poor Mavis - not at all nice. Give her an extra cuddle from me.
    The Fast 800 shop is very expensive, isn't it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will be getting lots of cuddles today for sure, she's enjoying watching television with me.

      The shop for the protein shakes is expensive but looking at all the ingredients I can see why. They are all natural things, and with all the vitamins added that you would need to be able to survive off just them in the flavoured ones ... if that is what you wanted to do. I will only be using them on days when I'm either travelling or like today, when although I have gotten everything ready to cook for breakfast, after having a shower I am in so much pain that I can't stand up for long enough to be able to cook it. So it will be a shake for breakfast and my already chopped up breakfast things for lunch.

      Delete
    2. Oh golly, Sue, you poor soul to be in so much pain again. Sending healing thoughts x

      Delete
    3. Don't worry PP, it's 'still' rather than 'again'. I just need to pace myself better and some days are a bit worse than others.

      Delete
  9. My heart was in my mouth when I saw your blog post title. Love and hugs to both you and Mavis today, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne, she doing much better now. :-)

      Delete
  10. Glad that Mavis is recovering and enjoying her eggs etc. Our yorkies had to have loads of teeth out - distressing but they seem to get over it quickly don't they?
    I've never tried those protein shakes - I really need to shift some weight and get a bit fitter, hoping to feel more motivated when the weather consistently bucks up!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always find it amazing how quickly they get over it. Suky can chew all sorts of things with her gums now, you should hear her crunching!!

      I don't think I'll be buying any more of them at that price, but it's nice to have them as a back up.

      Delete
  11. We passed the sign for your home town as we were driving to Leeds yesterday. I really need to get organised again for the 5:2/800cal way of eating but the cold weather is putting me right off. Good luck with your plan! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you were on the M6 when you spotted the sign, we're just a few miles along in the same direction once you come off the motorway. :-)

      The cold weather is making it a bit tougher for sure, as I think you feel hungrier when it's so cold, but soups are helping warm me up so it's not too bad.

      Delete
  12. Poor little girl. Glad she's able to enjoy her eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is loving her diet at the moment, she's just started back on her kibble, but we are soaking it for her for the next week or so while she continues to heal.

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.