Friday 22 January 2021

Office Bag to Office Bureau



When I lived in the Van I used this bag as my 'office', storing all sorts of papers, pens and notebooks in there.  Now I'm here at the flat I have the luxury of my lovely bureau and lots of the day to day office stuff was moved over ... but lots of stuff remained in the bag and in the spare room.

So  yesterday I decided to have a good hoick out and see if I could declutter anything from in there, anything to add to the numbers, I am currently looking for 21 items for todays figure and the spare room, where this bag is kept was my room of choice.

I kept finding things related to Challenges that I had either done or had planned to do.


Looking at the paper in the top left of this photo I remember asking readers of my Challenge blog to vote on what the next three Challenges would be.  I did the winning Yellow Sticker Challenge, and then one of the joint second place choices which was Shopping Hauls, the Cook from One Cook Book joint second and the third place choice of spending only £3.50 for a weeks food were never completed.


But as you can see from this photo I did start to plan the '50p a Day Challenge'.

I only managed to declutter five items from the bag because I classed all the ripped out pages from the notebooks and bits and bobs of paper items as just one thing.  But I did get the same sense of satisfaction from knowing that I had whittled down the bag a bit and tidied things up that needed putting into the bureau that is my work space.  The bag now holds all my unused notebooks and some stationery items that will be used in the future ... and I know that I will not have to buy myself am A5 notebook for a long time.


I was reading through the already decluttered Asda mini magazine before I put it into the recycling, and I came across this page.  What a good deal!!

Seemingly if you save up £280 or more on the Asda Christmas Savings Card before 21st November they will then add an additional £15 to your card.  There's not many places you can get that sort of interest rate at the moment.  It's well worth thinking about if you have an Asda near you.


Sue xx


 


16 comments:

  1. I remember you creating your 'office' when you lived at the Van and I still have bag envy 😉
    The danger of your lovely bureau at the flat is 'mission creep' now that you have room to store more, but if anyone can keep on top of things, then it's you 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already done a 'bureau sweep' and checked that everything in it is what I need. Working from home means I do need quite a bit of stationery as I do a lot of things paper based as well as on the computer. But ... I will do it again before I move ;-)

      Delete
  2. Love that bag hope that wasn't part of your declutter - it is far too nice! I used to keep all our home paperwork in an old large ice cream container - I don't even think you can buy ice cream in such a large container now as it would cost a near fortune. In it I had the insurance policies, cheque book and bank statements, utility bills etc and my accounting book. Now I have a large file drawer full of things I daren't throw away just in case as more than once we have needed proof of things to make a claim or similar, like the endowment mortgage and the flood claim. It is hard deciding what you may need in future. Love your Boss planning sheets too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh no, I would never part with my 'office bag'. I remember ice-cream coming in enormous plastic tubs, they were at least double the size of the largest ones available now weren't they!!

      I cannot find my 'Planning Like a Boss' pad anywhere, it's bloody annoying I liked that one as it's nice and clear. I keep looking, usually when it's something like that it's hidden in plain sight and I suddenly spot it. I actually thought it was in this bag but it wasn't ... even though I must have looked half a dozen times!!

      Delete
  3. This is why I love reading blogs! I get so many brilliant ideas from clever people. I have a basket just like that on top of my wardrobe and I have never thought of using it like that. Thank you Sue and have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure :-)

      It's good for this sort of storage as it has a nice flat bottom and can stand unaided. It's not much use for shopping at this time of year as everything would get wet in it, but it's great in Summer.

      Delete
  4. That's a very good deal. Generally, I tend not to do schemes like that as they tie up my money all year (or as long as it takes) buy that is a great addition. I wonder they can afford it. Maybe the captive customer element is worth it.
    I don't usually use Asda as it's right across town but I might consider this. Thanks.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that after having the money for the sale of the Van in my account for the last couple of months and seeing the paltry amount of interest such a large sum is generating. I would make more on this scheme than I would leaving all the Van money in the bank for a whole year, so tying up a bit of money and then adding to it right at the last minute could earn me £15.

      Delete
  5. I'm always a little suspect of plans like that, but if it is a store you regularly shop at, the savings might add up for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've known people that use these sort of savings cards and done really well every year. If it was a smaller less known store maybe it would be risky it the current climate, but supermarkets are really doing well at the moment so there's almost no risk whatsoever with this one.

      Delete
  6. I have my 'office' in a set of drawers in my computer room. When I was in hospital with a broken hip my son put it all in a case and took it to his house. Now it is back and in the drawers but needs sorting out - oh dear- can't face it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a job for an afternoon when there really is nothing else left to do then ... we are in no rush to do anything at the moment are we.

      Take care. xx

      Delete
  7. All of your clearing out of things is inspiring me to do a bit of it myself. I badly need to reduce what I have around the house but find it hard to take that first step. Thanks for sharing your hard work in decluttering as it gives others encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today I started on the sewing/craft room. Methinks I will be in there for quite awhile. I recycled a few things and tossed a few others from the one set of drawers I went through. Moving on to the next set tomorrow and then more of the floor totes to be done.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I DO try to keep on top of the clutter, but I swear it gangs up on me, especially in my sewing/art area, which is small, and therefore needs to be highly organised. I admire your success. The interest rate from Asda is certainly appealing, especially if you would spend more than that on groceries (is it just a supermarket or does it carry a wider range of goods), but only worth doing if you’re pretty sure it’s not going to go bust before the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll take a look at the Asda deal. I do use Asda and their Home dept has good stuff in it too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.