Thursday 22 June 2023

Shedding the Fluff ... and How Could You Have Known!!

 


We tried to get the dogs into the groomers on Monday, they weren't answering the phone so as we were across the road at the vets with Suky later in the day we called in person.  The girl there said they were fully booked and had no appointments until mid August ... so we made an appointment for then.

Feeling sorry for them we gave both dogs an extra good brushing when we got home.  Suky has a double coat and it takes a LOT of brushing to keep it under control at this time of year.  Mavis was just looking scruffy, extra scruffy even though Alan had trimmed her beard for her last week.

Then this morning the owner of the grooming salon phoned me and said they had had a dog not  turn up and did we want to bring both dogs into the shop in half an hour.  When we got there she apologised for the other girl and said that she would always find a spot for two of her little favourites.

And doesn't Mavis look smart with her skin freckles all showing through and her super neat fur all over.  We only have her trimmed this way once a year as she is supposed to look a bit scruffy as she's really a Parson Russell Terrier and that's their look.

But it's nice to see her all sleek, and looking cool after her bath and titivation. 


Of course that scruffy face and winky eye is still there, and she's still loved to bits with fur or without it, but I bet she's feeling rather lovely at the moment.

Suky looks much sleeker too and the groomer said she got a lot of fur and fluff off her, but I didn't have time to nab a photo of her because as soon as she got home Suky took up her usual midweek position under her Dad's desk, where no doubt titbits are regularly forthcoming.  Unlike under Mum's desk where all you might get offered is a cup of coffee.

Me - 19th December 2017

I enjoyed all your guesses on the last post, I am a tease aren't I.  😁

Nope, it's not a caravan, a narrowboat or a cottage ... although I would live quite happily in all of those.  I think I thought you all knew more about what it is than you could possibly have even known.  I had assumed that a good percentage of my longer term readers would know about this, but looking at my old blog there seems to have been a gap in proceedings when I didn't keep anyone up to date on something we did ... oops!!  It flew entirely under the radar between my old blog and this one.

So I will have to apologise and let you know sooner rather than later.


Sue xx



14 comments:

  1. Ummmm, is ' our Welsh Flat ' a clue or am I being dense? :-) x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well spotted ... a fellow Sherlock, who notices the little things. :-)

      Delete
    2. :-) x
      Ali x

      Delete
  2. Totally confused now! Mavis looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost as confused ... I was sure that i had blogged all about our purchase and it's development. Obviously I only did that on Facebook at the time as looking back on the old blog now there's barely a mention. All is about to be revealed. :-)

      Delete
  3. i have a parsons j r ! Sandy, she's smooth haired. She is 14 now, a bit deaf, which is a blessing as she is now not scared of thunder and fire works. She is smart and managed to nab the best seat in the house . deb in essex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we usually just call her a Jack Russell it saves people being totally confused. Same guy Parson Jack Russell, two of his terrier breeds ... bred for different purposes and good at working together. Mavis is a longish haired PR terrier, has sharp ears and is great for a dog her age and with her background. Suky is the Pug, totally deaf, short-sighted and arthritic, and we love them both.

      Delete
  4. Both dogs look so much cooler for the summer.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do, and Mavis feels totally different without her layer of scruffy long hair ... very stroke-able. :-)

      Delete
  5. Are you moving again? Yes, you are enjoying teasing us, aren't you?
    Mavis looks lovely and comfortable and very prepared for the warm weather. How nice of the shop owner.
    Have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not moving as such. I'm about to spill the beans on the next post and bring everyone up to date.

      Delete
  6. not a caravan, a narrowboat or a cottage
    Hmm, running out of options here.
    Don't think a tent is a contender, what about a motorhome? 🤪
    I do not think you will escape to the warmth of Spain because of the dogs and you won't want to leave Mum . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would NOT get me in a tent ... maybe a Yurt with a king size bed and a log burner, but a tent ... NEVER. Alan wants to get a motorhome, but then he wanted to get a narrowboat last year, so I think a holiday in one might change his mind!!

      I would never live in Spain, I don't like hot or even very warm weather so I wouldn't last a month. My cousin lives in Spain and I refuse to even visit him.

      Delete
  7. Mavis looks gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.