Thursday 21 September 2023

It's All About the Beans - Part Two

 


Last week I posted on here about my bean shortage and the letter I received from Heinz in response to my politely worded email pointing out their short-changing a nation of bean lovers on a regular basis.  I apologise to any of you who are now obsessively weighing the contents of all your cans to see if you too are being short-changed ... and reading some of your blogs it would appear that you are!!

In response to my 'complaint' ... I was polite, honest I was ... they sent me six pounds worth of vouchers to spend on Heinz/Kraft products.  It didn't take me much looking around at the range of their items in the shops that I have access to, to realise that the best use of the vouchers would actually be on baked beans.

And then when I spotted them this morning as we passed the end of the aisles to go upstairs to the café in Booths for a coffee after my hospital appointment, and they were just £3.50 for four cans ... just I say, that is a lot of money when I am used to buying 28p tins of beans from Aldi !!  I decided over my coffee that I would buy two four packs with my vouchers.


Now as I am living on WWII rations at the moment and beans have to be purchased on the Points system these are going to last me a long time ... possibly into January.  😄

One pound spent = beans for months.  


Thanks for all the lovely comments on the last post.  💖


Sue xx



16 comments:

  1. This gave me another good giggle, when I saw the title :) I'll never look at beans the same :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... I've really started something haven't I. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I wonder if they've been bombarded with emails and had to send out loads of vouchers, as a result of Sue's Army weighing their beans too! Wouldn't that be funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... I wouldn't be surprised. I've had so may people telling me that they are weighing all their tins of food, and virtually ALL being short-changed. It's a huge scam if you ask me.

      Delete
  3. You might weigh another tin and find a similar reduction , complain and get another voucher. You'd have beanz for life! Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... that would just be too cheeky. I am happy with my voucher it makes up for me being short-changed. :-)

      Delete
  4. You will have to weigh the contents of one of the newer cans of beans to see if they actually weigh what they are supposed to weigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might have to, but I doubt anything will have changed. :-(

      Delete
  5. I've just ordered a set of digital scales so I can weigh our baked beans:) I buy Heinz beans here and on the can it always has to be "The One for All - English Recipe"♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh ... I've cost you money!! You definintely need to email and complain if you find you are short on beans, you deserve a voucher to cover the cost of the scales.

      Delete
  6. Great buy on the beans for sure.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made sense to get the beans, all other Heinz/Kraft products seemed to be so expensive for the amount you got in the pack.

      Delete
  7. It's definitely worth complaining if something is wrong. I recently ordered 3 boxes of wet dog food trays, 36 trays altogether.
    2 trays were leaking in the box and definitely off. Sent a photo and email and they are giving me £5 refund. Don't usually complain if one is split but I will in future. Sally from Devon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, companies can only do something about a mistake if we let them know they have made one. I doubt if Heinz will suddenly put more beans in the tins though. Good for you with your complaint.

      Delete
  8. Result! And, yep, I'm now weighing my beans too ! My tin of Sainsburys beans actually weighed a tad more but there was an awful lot of sauce .......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh ... you are the first person to have more. Typical that it was sauce though and not beans!!

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.