Monday 27 January 2020

Just Bloody Well Do It



I've been umm-ing and ahh-ing over sorting out my clothes for weeks now.

Do I want this, do I want that.  


Earlier today, with just five minutes to spare before I went out into Llanrwst to go to the Post Office, I opened my half of the wardrobe, took off the hangers everything that last time I wore it was too tight, too baggy, crumpled up too quickly, just didn't feel right etc etc folded them neatly and added to them to the small pile of already sorted clothes.  

I put them all into one of my shopping bags and dropped them at the charity shop on the way past.  I didn't look on the rails for any replacements, I just collected my now emptied bag and went off to post my parcel.

Gosh that felt good.

There's a few empty hangers now and a lot more space, of course I still need to have a proper look at what's left and make sure that I have a good working wardrobe, but just having made some space feels so much better.


Top Tip of the Day

Just Bloody Well Do It


Sue xx


6 comments:

  1. I had a bit of a wardobe clearout a few months ago, I ended up taking 4 black bin bags full to the charity shop it felt good, still need to go through it again though. I have spent the last week or so going through the smallest room here which doubles up as a home office and I found £87 worth of unwanted bits for the car boot, I am being ruthless and getting rid of anything which hasn't been used for ages or no longer serves purpose my office has never looked so tidy, so I have been taking your advice and getting stuck in "And Just Bloody Doing It"! Long way to go, but another room will be started on in due course, it is a good feeling. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's advice I should apply to all aspects of my life 😃 but I'll start with my wardrobe for now. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sentimental reasons I have kept one pair of size 12 summer trousers, I would love to one day fit them again, but for now I have a small collection of comfy , much , much larger clothes so large that last year I was hanging my washing on the line and my son , sitting in the garden said, is that a new tea towel, I said no, it's my knickers !!!! For now comfy knickers are my friend, the years of pretty little ones are long gone and all my trousers have elasticated waists and being short I could easily tuck my boobies in too, sorry TMI !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yessssssss!!!!!

    "Just-Do-It!!!!"

    So many times, we all need to take those words to heart!

    And doesn't it feel wonnnnnnnderful??????? -smile-

    💖 💖 💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really, really need to do this.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need these words just now. However, (see procrastinating already!) I need to go and help dismantle a kitchen! Yep, our employers are refitting our kitchen, bit of upheaval but looking forward to the end result.

    However, I really do need to get on with the decluttering. Made a start on stash yarn, but managed to find some bargain wool to replace it. I am off to stand in the (kitchen) corner with a big pointy hat on.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.