Tuesday 4 August 2020

From One Extreme to the Other



Most of the weekend was gloriously sunny and the good weather continued until yesterday.  Our morning doggy walk along the riverbank was bathed in warm, warm sunshine and even early morning all that was needed was a t-shirt and converse  (and of course jeans ... haha).

No wet feet in long wet grass or a Pug refusing to go any further because of puddles ... Suky HATES getting her feet wet!!


The few clouds in the sky were mere wisps of white that barely moved in the gentle breeze.


Just look at the wonderful light in this photo, for once my phone caught it just as it was.


We called round to the nearby small family run garden centre for a coffee on our way back, and I had a peek into the shop where they are in the process of adding a lovely new deli area, with dispensers for non-packaged dried goods.  This is somewhere I'll be happy to frequent when they get it up and running, packaging with it's garish colours and sometimes non-recyclable materials just makes me cross.


Today it is a  different story entirely and after a brisk rain soaked walk Suky is curled up in her little bed, throwing me black looks for making her get wet and I am tripping around blogland and having a read through my Ration Challenge Resource Pack.

The Challenge starts on 13th September but I want to get ahead and have a little play with some of the ingredients, using food from my larder so the Ration Pack stays intact.

How's your weather ... and what are you up to this fine Tuesday?


Sue xx


14 comments:

  1. I've just had a bath and cut my toe nails. Now I'm going to get a late lunch. Then I will walk Billy dog. Camping is on the agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First massage since lockdown. Odd but very welcome. Cloudy with no chance of meatballs😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sunny pictures are just glorious, Sue. How beautiful! Yesterday was mostly rainy and gloomy here in northern Indiana but now today the sun is shining. We'll see if it stays that way all day. I went outside last night about dusk and could NOT believe how chilly it was, for the beginning of August. I don't know what the temperature is this morning but I'm about to fill the birdfeeders so I'll find out. Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what a lovely caravan park. Your views along the river look peaceful. Nice photo's. Suki needs wellies. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is very little fine about Tuesday here - it has rained consistently all day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous walk and a lovely shop, I'm with you on the garish packaging. I think I'd start taking an interest in food shopping if we had choices like that!
    Yesterday was our better day, today's been dry but with a real nip in the air, I'm hoping this predicted heatwave arrives soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been gorgeous here although early morning was decidedly on the cool side.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to have been AWOL, got behind and then it is hard to catch up . . . loved seeing your sunshine, none of that here today - high wind, rain and the woodburner is on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No rain on the Essex coast just sunny and breezy. Thank heavens the evenings are a little cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tornado warnings here after a beautiful and sunny day. Sticking close to home, cleaning the big freezer to get ready for the harvest. I have also dug out jars to make some pickles.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos Sue♥ It's Wednesday here and I'm loving our cooler winter months:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Weather has been a bit mixed in The Peak District, soooo cold yesterday, had to put on a cardi and wooly socks. I'm going to try and do a bit of gardening today and will be polishing up my competition entry for ETTC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great to see your deli has found a way of providing loose goods without cv19 issues. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they're not filling them yet so we'll have to see what happens 🙂

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.