Thursday 6 August 2020

Wash Day Again ... and Exciting News


I'm trying to keep on top of the washing as due to Covid-19 rules the tiny laundrette here at the caravan park is closed.  I manage easily in the little kitchen sink.  First leaving things to soak while I walk with Suky along the riverbank.


It doesn't look like quite the 'artful washing in the sink set up' if I pan back and show you the breakfast things drip drying on the draining board.  These are put away when we return, well you don't want knickers and socks mixing with cereal bowls and cups now do you!!

Once we're back, it's pots away, draining board emptied then a good scrub for the washing followed by three or more rinses and a final one with a tiny dash of fabric conditioner.


Then on a good day like today the washing goes on the little rack, washing lines aren't permitted here.


But I do get away with one occasionally when the park isn't full of holiday makers 😉


On a wet day if I really do have to get some washing done I use the rack in the shower, once I've had my morning shower of course.  


This lets everything drip away all day and overnight and by the next day I can put things on hangers on the little door hook in the spare room to finish off and festoon the radiators with knickers and socks.  Then the shower is free for me to use again.


An hour after starting the process the sink is all clear again and you would never know it had briefly been a laundry area.


All this brought to mind how I used to do my washing many years ago when my boys were small, and reminded me of THIS post on my second blog Our New Life in the Country, way back in July 2015.

Now, to the sound of Suky snoring in her little bed, and the timer ticking away on the shelf it's time to make some lunch and a nice cup of coffee and have a little trip around blogland seeing what everyone else is up to this fine Thursday.


Oh, and I have to add, I've just had a phone call ... we have a house viewing back home in Wales tomorrow.  We reduced the price by £20,000 on Monday and it seems to have created a bit of interest, yay  😃



Sue xx



31 comments:

  1. My mum is 86 and has never had a washing machine, she still does all of her washing by hand, even the bedding and towels , she does have a spin drier, if my washing machine were to pack up I would probably go into meltdown . Fingers crossed for the viewing, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm well used to washing everything by hand, it would be impossible to do the bedding here at the Van though, although I am considering buying a plastic baby bath to make it possible if necessary. Good on your Mum, it's a good work out doing a weeks washing by hand and a very satisfying one at that. :-)

      Delete
  2. Shame you have had to adjust the price, but great news about the viewing. Fingers and toes crossed 😊🏡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are just keen to sell, as long as we make a little bit of profit on our initial outlay and all the renovations and additions we will be happy. It's time to move on with our lives.

      Delete
  3. Good news on the viewing. Taking off stamp duty has got the housing market in East Anglia going well according to local news.
    I thought "shall I move now while stamp duty is off" then thought No!I'm staying as long as possible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame the Welsh Stamp Duty hasn't been reduced as much as the English one or I think our house would have flown off the market. The maximum relief in Wales is up to the £250,000 level, whereas it's the full £500,000 in England. I have my fingers very firmly crossed.

      Delete
  4. Hope all goes well and you get a buyer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have your wash day matters handled quite well! I can do okay with basic clothing by hand but bedding and towels would send me running! Good luck on the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to save the bedding, and sometimes the towels too for when I go back to Wales for chicken and cat babysitting duties. I'm a bit like a student going home with dirty laundry :-)

      Delete
  6. Every time I see your compact little place I am quite envious - and it looks as though you really have the art of washing down to a tee. Good luck with the house sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years of practise of being poor have their advantages, you just don't see how it's doing you good at the time. Thank you, we have our fingers firmly crossed.

      Delete
  7. Good luck with the viewing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Gosh, I hope they like it 😃

      Delete
    2. It is a beautiful home and grounds.

      Delete
    3. It's not a bad old place, hopefully someone will love it ;-)

      https://peterlarge.com/sales/maenan-llanrwst/

      Delete
  8. Crikey, Sue, you have the washing down to a fine art! Good luck with the viewing, fingers crossed 🤞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... years of practice. Thank you 🤞

      Delete
  9. Snap I did some hand washing this week. I soaked some of Berties towels overnight then rinsed, rung out and hung out!. Good luck with the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's simpler to wash the doggy things by hand rather than fill the washing machine with dog hairs isn't it. Thank you. xx

      Delete
  10. Wonderful, good luck with the house viewing. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck, hope all goes well with the house. Your laundry day reminds me of the 2 years I lived in Ireland and did all my laundry in the sink! Never again, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. xx

      Hopefully this will be a short term thing, if the house sells I will be house hunting myself ... and buying a washing machine :-)

      Delete
  12. Fingers crossed for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great news about the viewing. Fingers crossed. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I was a teenager I did all my own washing in the sink. Didn't want my mum to put them in the twin tub for a bashing with all the other mucky clothes in there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything crossed here for you and Alan:) xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.