Thursday 17 November 2022

Grow Your Own Advent Calendar

 


I said I wouldn't buy an Advent Calendar this year, but then I saw this really lovely Grow your Own Advent Calendar advertised and went to the website for a closer look.  

When I saw that it was reduced and its cost made me immediately qualify for free postage and packaging, I fell hook line and sinker into the advertisers grasp.

And I am so glad that I did.


Available from Trees Bees and Seeds


What you get inside the box.

A 10m jute rope washing line, 25 little pegs, 25 'Gift Wrapped Surprises' and a seed sack to store all your seeds.

So, once you have it pinned up and stretched out, and all the little envelopes pegged on the line you also have a lovely Christmas decorative garland of beautiful little envelopes.  That I think I will refill with something completely different and use again next year.

Temptation ... it's a wonderful thing!!



Oh, and did I mention that last week in Booths Alan spotted this.  It was actually cheaper than when I bought it two years ago, Alan talked me into it and bought it for me ... 



... and in return I bought him the Lindt chocolate calendar.

So last year I had toiletries and socks, and this year I have seeds and jam ... and of course I have the online Jacquie Lawson Advent Calendar once again, the best £7 that I spend every year.


It keeps December interesting for sure.


Sue xx



20 comments:

  1. You have the most marvellous advent calendars there! I've never seen anything to compare to them here. Every single year I read about these and think "How clever! I'm going to make some very cool advent calendars for the grandchildren." I never remember to do it...until I see your calendars at Christmas once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe get some empty-style advent calendars in the January sales and then spend all year filling them with novelties and sweets, then you will be all ready for next year. And of course, hidden in 25th could be their Christmas present off you.

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow. How lovely are they . . . I feel less guilty about my multiple calendars now, thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am telling myself not to even look at anymore, these two and the one I saved from last year that I hid all the tree decorations in are the ONLY ones I am having. I must be STRONG ... but there are lots of lovely ones out there!!

      Delete
  3. Those advent boxes look really fun. I have a Cath Kidston Lotion and a Craft one this year. I found Jacquie Lawson Calendars through you and this is my third year. LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry ... it sounds as though I have you hooked. I'm not sorry really .... it's such good fun :-)

      Delete
  4. I love that seed advent calendar. What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I will be able to grow some good food next year out of the packets too. :-)

      Delete
  5. Love the seed calendar. What a nice idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's clever isn't it, it appealed to me straight away.

      Delete
  6. What a brilliant Advent calendar!
    I haven't had one since I was at junior school. Cold War Steve, the Brummie political satire artist, has designed a limited edition advent calendar this year featuring a mash up of Downing Street politicians Vs The Massacre of the Innocents so I've splashed out on one. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that should be good, you've not had one since junior school ... oh you poor thing. ;-)

      Delete
  7. I haven't had an Advent Calendar since the boys were younger. I wonder what adult calendars we have in Canada.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be worth a look, there are lots available on Amazon.

      Delete
  8. Seed advent calendar is a great “find” thank you, I’ve just sent one to my nieces who both like growing food 🍱 I’m sure you will enjoy your jam and seeds, a lovely way to cheer up December Country Cook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant, I am sure they will love them.

      I am actually going to use all my jams on the day that I take them out of the little doors instead of just adding them to the cupboard like I did last time. I'll let you into a secret ... I still have some of them!!

      Delete
  9. Advent calendars are such fun and if you manage to get one slightly reduced that's even better!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, I think we all love a good bargain on here don't we.

      Delete
  10. You always find some absolutely smashing Advent calendars. The seed one is so different to the norm. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just a big kid really!! The seed one is really unusual isn't it, even better than last year's socks ...which I'm still wearing. Today I have on the foxes pair!

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.