Sunday 10 March 2019

And Finally ... The Master Suite


The Master Suite sounds very grand ... it's just a reasonable sized bedroom with a diddy little en-suite toilet and sink.

But you're welcome to take a peek.

If I  stand in the corner by my bedside table you can see the chest of drawers (two drawers for each of us) and the little dressing table with the radiator underneath and mirror above.

  I made myself a little bookcase, if you can call it that, out of two of my little crates from home.  Lightly sprayed with white paint to tone down the orangey wood they were made from, they do a good job of holding some of the books that are here with me at the moment ... more will be coming no doubt over the course of the next few months.


The bed is a full sized king-size one with a little bedside cupboard with cubby hole on top at each side.


The two door wardrobe with hanging rail and full width shelf above is plenty big enough for both to us to use.  Life is pretty casual here ... jeans, t shirts and jumpers or hoodies for now, and then later in the year it will be jeans and shorts, and perhaps simple cotton dresses if I'm feeling girly ... a rarity but it happens!


Through the door next to the wardrobe unfortunately it's not Narnia, instead it's the little en-suite.   There's nothing exciting in here I'm afraid ... it's all pretty bog standard.


A tiny little hand basin with a mirror above completes the room.

And that's it ... The Grand Tour.

Thanks for all the comments.

Next week, if the weather improves I'll get some outdoor photos of the site, it's a lovely little tucked away campsite and somewhere I've known well since I was five years old.

Sue xx






20 comments:

  1. It's all so clever, the way it uses the available space to the best advantage.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is isn't it. I find the planning of small spaces really interesting.

      Delete
  2. It all looks very comfy.
    The year we spent in a mobile home while doing up Apple Tree Cottage we had a mattress on the floor in the living room which then hooked up against the wall doing the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is comfy. I bet your children have happy memories of the year spent camping ... even if yours are not quite so rose tinted ;-)

      Delete
  3. Lurker here - thank you for the tour. I've been eagerly following it, because I think about moving into a similar living situation when I retire in the mid 2020s. Not that my flat offers much more space at the moment, but since I know how to clutter up a place to the brim, it's an inspiration to see how to make do with less in a well thought-out environment. It looks so cozy and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really can make do with a lot less when the furniture is all built in and most of your immediate needs are already catered for. It's a matter of personal belonging and all the things that mean the most to you. I hope your plans come to fruition.

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love your compact home,it looks so cosy and inviting. We have had several touring caravans but sadly had to give them up 9 years ago as we weren't getting the use out of them due to my adult son becoming seriously ill and caring for him, I do miss it, I loved the feel of organisation in a small space and the freedom it gave us it may sound silly but it was like a comfort blanket. We downsized 2 years ago and our small house with enough garden for the dogs and one raised bed for a few veggies almost gives me the same feeling.Things change as we go through life and I feel we often end up returning to what makes us comfortable and content and we prioritise and usually it's the simple things that give us that and you seem to have achieved that in your wonderful new place, regards, Chrissie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have it spot on!!

      It sounds as though you have adapted your lives well to fit in with what you can do, a small house can be as good as a caravan, and having your own little garden is important ... especially with a dog. Thank you for commenting :-)

      Delete
  5. Holidays in little cottages or apartments with just enough of what we need always make me wonder why we have so much 'stuff' at home. Though I do love my home. Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved staying in small cottages and enjoying having 'just' what you need. I feel as though I have been subconsciously weighing this way of living up for a long time.

      Delete
  6. So Happy that Scorton Had such an impression on you I remember the togetherness of bad weather there and all the simple things we did . God Bless Aunty Ida and Uncle Harold for letting us use their tiny caravan for such a small rent . and he used to take us there and back in the 60,s Lots of love MUM XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum. I wish I had a photograph of the whole of Ida and Harold's caravan. I've only got one of me, Graham and both of them in the door way.

      Delete
  7. You have a wonderful home Sue, everything is so organized and neat. Looking forward to seeing the outside photos also, especially the water and ducks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try and get some 'duck shots' ... just for you :-)

      Delete
  8. Every bit of space is used wonderfully. Enjoy!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the 'Grand Tour' Sue - It's been lovely to see your new wonderful, cosy home. I feel I could just slip in there and live there forever, very, very comfortably. So looking forward to seeing the outside space and your surrounding area. I think you and Alan (Suky and Mavis) are going to have some fantastic relaxing times there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're looking forward to a relaxing year ahead for sure :-)

      Delete
  10. Hello Sue, I love the small book cases such a good use of space. I do like the full width end bedrooms more floor space as my hubby has mobility issues, so can't go side wards to get in bed. We are getting more and more Vans on our breaks with King size comfy beds. Thank you for sharing your Van with us, I've loved seeing the photos and now looking forward to the views of the area .........you lucky devil I envy you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when beds are against the wall too, and you have to climb over a sleeping person to get in or out, so although we don't have much space around the bed at least we do have access on both sides. Glad you've enjoyed the tour :-)

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.