Saturday 30 March 2019

Happy News


I've held back on telling you any specific news about Ethel, even though a few of you have kindly asked about her welfare.  I guess in a way I was scared of jinxing things.

But now as you can see from these photos ... sorry they are blurry, Alan is no photographer or blogger ... she has a lovely little companion.  And not just any companion ... her daughter.


Ethel left our land at the end of November to over-Winter with Will's flock and to spend some time with the tup  (randy boy sheep).  She did the same the previous year but failed to get in lamb then.  This time she successfully got pregnant and on scanning it showed she was having one lamb.

As Will is an excellent shepherd it was decided she would remain with his flock in case of a difficult labour due to her dodgy old hip.  But there were no problems and no complications, and a few days ago she successfully gave birth to her daughter.

Now she will have company of her own kind, her own family all year round ... and not just the company of her feathery friends


Ethel and daughter Jasmine in the blossom filled orchard back on our land. 


♥️


For Ethel's back story nip over HERE and HERE



Sue xx



19 comments:

  1. Ahhhh - how lovely for Ethel!

    Slightly random - but I love orchards at this time of year for their prettiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations, Ethel. I love a happy ending!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful news. Perhaps Ethel knew what she was doing when she wandered into your paddock. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful story. You have done a great thing for poor Ethel, now, please could you go over and take some 'good' photos of them please??? lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I'm back there next week I will ... promise 🙂

      Delete
  5. Absolutely wonderful,new life in spring, things like this make the world a better place and reinforces my reasons for not eating animals , you have both done a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s brilliant news and how lovely that Will kept an eye on her until she had her lamb. Has the little one got a name yet? I love to see lambs skipping around the fields :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said above .. her name is Jasmine ♥️

      Delete
  7. Just in time for mothers day! Welcome, little one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best news I've heard all day! I've been wondering about her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news! Our friends across the park are waiting for their son's small flock to give birth. So are we!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely. I shall now go to the link to read her story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have now read both links. So kind of you to rescue her. I have read mention of her over at John's blog but didn't know her back story. So lovely that she has her own little one now too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting to read that Ethel now has this adorable little daughter! Congratulations on the birth of Jasmine! Whatever happened to Irene that John was going to bring to your place? I know he was having a heck of a time trying to catch her. Sue I have followed your blogs for the past three or four years but somehow I lost track of you a couple of months ago. (probably blogger acting up as it does) Imagine my surprise when I recently re-discovered your blog and read of all the changes! I love your new van and will happily be following your progress with this exciting new life! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yea!! So happy that Ethel now has a daughter to spend time with. Jasmine is such a pretty name.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have wondered how she is. Thank you for the update. I'm glad she'll have a companion other than the chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a lovely story. So glad Ethel and Jasmine (what a lovely name you have given her) are doing well. So looking forward to seeing more of them and following their progress. The orchard looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, how wonderful! Thanks for the update and the sweet pictures to go along with. Just the kind of lovely post to read on a rainy Monday morning. (Yes, I am late to the party! Hehehe)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.