Monday 1 April 2019

Slow and Steady Sorting


Putting away my clothes after another clandestine drying session last week I was struck by the number of stripey tops I have ... and lots and lots of blue and white too.

I see a uniform of sorts developing gradually as I wear and sort through my clothes in slow and steady way.  I decided that tipping everything out either here or home in Wales is time consuming and not for me.

Instead I am working my way through actually wearing the clothes I have, at the end of the day ... or after an hour or so in some cases ... if things don't fit well, are uncomfortable in any way or do not make me feel good then they get washed and added to the car boot sale box ready for selling in a couple of weeks.

So it's becoming obvious over time that the stripey things are my favourites as they are making it back into the drawer and gradually crowding out everything else 😃


It looks like the wardrobe is settling into a predominantly blue and white theme too, with just a couple of differently coloured favourites. 

I'm in no rush to sort through things this time, it will be the final sorting as I take my whole life down to a new simplicity.


And what am I wearing today ... why my baggy blue and white striped George at Asda jumper of course  😃



Sue xx



8 comments:

  1. Looks like a Marie Kondo drawer .. nice! Blue & white run through my wardrobe as well .. although mine would be plaids rather than stripes. Seeking simplicity is also the theme in our home .. a gradual process .. more in line with döstädning (Swedish Death Cleaning) than Marie Kondo. Seeking to live with just "enough" rather than "excess".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I Marie Condo'ed my drawers a couple of years ago after reading her first book. It does make for easy selection of clothes and easy packing for flitting from one place to the next.

      I have never heard of Swedish Death Cleaning I will Google it and find out more.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a great plan. I'm down to favorites here. You seem to have a nice variety in what you have kept so fat. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy sorting! I felt so much better when I got rid of my excess! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say the same as Donna, I recognize a little Marie Kondo style at work in your drawer. Did you do her whole system or just parts of it? I am just now reading her book and trying to decide how I can use her method on a smaller scale. I want to do the whole house but just not all at once as that is too overwhelming for me. I am so excited to have re-discovered your blog. I love all these new changes you are making! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got stuck in at first and did all of our clothes drawers and most of the clothes,then life got in the (as it sometimes does) and it fizzled out. Although as you can see the folding really has become second nature. I really need to go through the whole process again. Although I guess with my clothes I'm already in that journey ... just a bit slower. If an outfit I'm wearing doesn't 'spark joy' then it's into the car boot box it goes 🙂

      Delete
  5. I too have Marie Kondo'd my drawers and they look so neat and tidy!
    I am also slowly switching my wardrobe - when working I wore a lot of black, grey and white but I find myself moving more towards navy, blue, white & pink. As items need to be replaced I'll switch more and more to the blue end of things - but as you say - I'm not in a big hurry - it will be a gradual procession as I'm not doing away with good clothes just for the sake of change.
    I've never been a "print" person but I do own quite a few striped tops/shirts & polka dots - which did surprise me. They are small polka dots but I own at least 3 or 4 tops with them so I seem to favour geometrics over prints.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been trying to do the same thing. I must admit that I am not very good at it, and now that my weight is going down getting rid of those things that are a bit to small seems counter productive. I will wait for awhile and when I finally plateau will start up again.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.