Wednesday 3 April 2019

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie



Mornings here at the Van are slouchy sleepy affairs at the best of times.  Coffee,  reading in bed, perhaps more coffee and a even slice of toast.  There's no need to rush.

Suky has her breakfast while I make the first coffee of the day and then unlike many a dog that would be clamouring for a walk, she instead just wants to go back to bed and snooze away a couple of hours, ... it suits us both fine.

While she cosys on down, I sip coffee and read either my latest book or watch a few YouTube clips on my phone,  it's a lovely relaxed start to the day.


Then, as there are things that really do have to be done, I get up, shower and then get on.  This morning though Suky decided that as far as she was concerned there was nothing that needed to be done ... so she stayed in bed.


Sue xx



13 comments:

  1. Sensible Suky! It's a dog's life, isn't it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much the same in this house too. Our dog loves lazy mornings and has no need to go out before at least 10am. It suits us just fine! They say we get like the people we live with - I'm not sure if we get like the dogs or they get like us! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart cat! Have a good day, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... she's definitely a dog 🐕 😃

      Delete
    2. So sorry, my cat was watching with me and I was distracted...I meant to type Suky...

      Delete
  4. Ah, we have several cats who would give me Hell if I wasn't down early to feed them! Right now there aren't enough hours in the day as we plan to put the house back on the market in a month's time and there is SO much to do in the garden, and a few jobs to finish off in the house. No lie-ins for me - tell Suky she doesn't know how lucky she is!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suky looks so very comfortable.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's gorgeous! I would love mornings like that but alas work beckons more often than not. Hope your new caravan life is working out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is good when you take a step back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh - those big soulful eyes that Suky has! They really do look quite mournful, even when she’s perfectly happy, don’t they? Heehee

    A nice slow start to the day is a beautiful thing. ��

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suky has the most adorable face! My favorite thing since I retired is not rushing around in the mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feel rather like Suky today - such horrible weather.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.