Friday 16 April 2021

Curtains for Colin?


Meet Colin ... Colin the Cactus.

He was in the annexe when we first went to view it, he was in exactly the same place almost three months later when I had the keys and the place was mine.  He was moved off the kitchen worktop when they guys came to take out the old kitchen last Saturday, and that's when I realised he wasn't a fake cactus he was real!!

Poor Colin, he can't have had any water for months, no wonder he looked like the sort of cheap plastic fake cactus that you can buy from the pound shop.  

He had simply given up the will to live 😭  

I gave him a little drink when the guys emptied the U-bend and we found some water in it ... the water for the property was switched off while they took out the washing machine and sink and we couldn't turn it back on as we had nothing to cap off the pipes. Then I gave him a little of my bottle of sparkling water.

The drink obviously went straight to his head because this morning when we went to the new house to check on progress he had toppled out of his plant pot and was lying on the windowsill.  A drunken stupor or death ... I couldn't tell.  

So we tipped all the compost out of his pot put a little back in the bottom and wet it well to weigh it down, and then I re-potted him and gave him a drink of nice fresh water.

Now I just have to wait and see if he survives ... or if it's curtains for Colin  🌵


Sue xx


12 comments:

  1. How funny Sue, I did have to laugh (weird sense of humour, I know). I must admit I'm not a fan of cacti, but it'll be interesting to see if poor Colin survives....I feel like cheering him on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think poor Colin needs repotting into a bigger container. Hopefully he survives.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he's still alive in a couple of weeks, I think I'll buy him a couple of friends and they can all live in a little gravel topped pot together. If he dies he can have a good Christian burial under the patio ;-)

      Delete
  3. Poor Colin. He is probably so accustomed to neglect that you will wind up killing him with kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Colin...fingers crossed that he will survive. If anyone can save him you can 😉x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sparkling water?? Oh my goodness.... you gave Colin the equivalent of arsenic! Poor guy!! *lol* ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... I did shake all the fizz out of it first, but I guess it still went to his head, poor guy indeed ;-)

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.