Sunday 3 July 2022

A Pretty Good Weekend

 


I was weeding a while ago and thought I spotted a little clump of Poppy leaves in amongst the leaves of the weeds, so I decided to pop them into the Herb bath at the front door.  Sure enough a few weeks later I have a beautiful Poppy to brighten my day.  There is another little flower head about to open and hopefully by next year there will be a few more if the seeds are happy to stay there.


The flowers are always so short lived in their papery delicateness, but absolutely beautiful.


Another drawer emptied, cleaned and sorted through.


As you can see there's barely a difference, and from this one there was nothing to get rid of as everything is in regular use, so just a couple of things were relocated ... but somehow it looks so much fresher.


I did sell something over the weekend, this little painted chest.  I've found that taking the time over the  staging of the first photo of the Facebook Marketplace advert properly does make for quick sales.  

A cup of coffee, an ice-lolly and a spot of people watching in the sunshine on the promenade at Morecambe with Alan and the dogs, a slightly tidier drawer, more space in my hallway and some money in the pot ... it's been a pretty good weekend.



Sue xx

 

9 comments:

  1. There was a lovely row of bright red poppies running along the outside of our neighbour's fence, they made me smile every day. Well, he called them weeds and chopped them all down! He couldn't even see them from his house or garden. He's a grumpy old sod :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really lime how you staged the box and am not surprised it sold quickly. Serious longing to go to the sea but not in the near future sadly. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks pretty clean to me to begin with! You would cringe at all of the stuff in my home! Glad you had a nice weekend, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all sounds delightful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, those poppies don’t take up too much room unlike their oriental cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a satisfying weekend, well done 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  7. The simple things in life can be so enjoyable. Good tip about the fb marketplace staging
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love poppies, my grandmother's front yard was full of them.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been away from blogland for a long while, and enjoyed coming back to read your posts about simpler things. My life gets too hectic sometimes. Time to put on the brakes. Again.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.