Sunday 24 July 2022

Free Seeds Once Again

 

It felt a bit like a blast from the past moment the other day when I got back from the supermarket and unpacked my shopping.  I had treated myself to a copy of Grow Your Own magazine, which as usual came with lots of free seeds and various offers.

I used to buy both this magazine and Kitchen Garden magazine regularly and got a subscription once or twice to take advantage of the great offers they used to do with so many seeds to start you off that I had them coming out of my ears ... well not quite literally, but almost!  This particular edition came with five packs of seeds that I definintely wanted and could sow right now in my new long planter, so it seemed like a good purchase.  


But I definitely do not like Coriander so if anyone would like a free packet of seeds shout out in the comments below and I will post them off to you.


Sue xx



16 comments:

  1. Yes please Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you send me your name and address as a comment, I won't publish it, but I will send you the seeds 🙂

      Delete
  2. Given how much seeds have increased in price (along with everything else, sigh) that magazine was a bargain ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it, but I won't be going 'seed collecting mad' this time. I only have a few feet of growing space :-)

      Delete
  3. How wonderful to get free seeds. The costs of seeds have risen greatly and I am starting to save seeds from things like peppers.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea. I used to save a lot of the seeds from the things I grew when we were in Wales.

      Delete
  4. I am with you about coriander, cannot stand it or cilantro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit of a Marmite thing isn't it, you either love it or hate it. Aren't coriander and cilantro the same thing ... or am I thinking of something else!

      Delete
    2. In the US coriander leaf is called cilantro. Coriander is used only for the seeds.

      Delete
    3. Brilliant explanation, thanks Celie. :-)

      Delete
  5. Ditto re coriander. The ground seeds are Ok but the leaf - soapy and nasty. Urgh.
    There's some very useful seeds there. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how quite a few herbs go 'soapy' if you use too much isn't it. Even Rosemary, which is my favourite can get a soapy edge if you use too much ... it does make glorious lavender and rosemary scented soap though :-)

      Delete
  6. Jon bought that magazine for the free seeds last year - they all grew beautifully - such a bargain. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of the seeds I bought with me in the move were quite old, so I had a few failures this year. It's nice to have some seeds with a Use By date of 2025 :-)

      Delete
  7. Coriander is the devil's food. My mum was Indian and she couldn't stand it either. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's like Marmite, you either love it or hate it.

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.