Tuesday 11 April 2023

Smashed Glass ... and Link

 

I broke a wine glass yesterday.  

I was just moving it from draining board to cupboard and it leapt out of my hand ... it's surprising how far tiny pieces of glass travel when it comes to the clean up afterwards.  And of course when you have animals with tender little paws you have to be extra sure to get every last little bit out of rugs and away from the edges of skirting boards etc.  Lots of hoovering on Easter Monday for me.

But it had a happy side, as you can see from the inside of my cupboard now, the two wine glasses that I have left fit nicely and my pint pot could come out of the stripey 'soup' mug where it used to sit and have a space of it's own behind them.

I don't drink pints ... I use it to stand Spring Onions up in the fridge.  😀

HERE is todays link to the Challenge blog.


Sue xx



10 comments:

  1. That is one way to delutter a cupboard - but broken glass seems to turn up everywhere when you break something - we had a casualty here too yesterday when my daughter did the washing up and broke a dinner plate so now we have seven plates and eight friends coming to dinner soon (well a very delayed Burns Night, or a very early one......don't ask), so will need to replace it pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would just ask the friendliest friend to bring a plate. :-)

      Delete
  2. Poor glass. And, yes, the splinters spread far and wide and can be a right nuisance. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hoovered up, wiped everywhere down and then sat down with a drink ... and then spied some glistening just under the food cupboard. So I had to start all over again.

      Delete
  3. Shattered glass really does get everywhere, doesn't it? I can find it months later but,m there again, I'm a domestic slattern! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only as slatternly as me .... damn this sunshine and it's dust showing abilities!!

      Delete
  4. Why do glasses seem to just jump out of hands or the cupboard and break into a thousand little pieces.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just doing the exact same movements as I do every time I put the dishes away ... and it all went wrong. The glass must have decided it had had enough of me!!

      Delete
  5. I just knew Ilona Meanqueen Life after Money would do a blog post about the landlady golly story. Too scared to allow comments too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read her post. I don't always read her blog these days, as although we are blogging friends of many years we have a lot of very differing opinions, so I always feel it best to just not read or comment on things that I know are the polar opposite to my thoughts. This way we stay friends and we can each be our own person.

      Turning off comments in blogland can be a sanity saver, some of the things people put are upsetting, sometimes downright rude, and at times quite alarming.

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.