Saturday 15 April 2023

Weekend Watching ... and Boy or Girl?

 


Not my photo, but an image shared on Facebook on one of our local groups.  
It has the photographers name so I thought it would be okay to share it, isn't it beautiful.

Here is this weeks little round up of some of the YouTube videos I've been watching.

A new to me channel with this very likeable guy shopping for £1 for a days meals.  He's just started the series and will be shopping at each of the UK larger supermarkets for one day each week.  Here are his first two shops.  First Aldi ...

And then at Tesco ...



Frugal Daddy dumpster diving at Aldi ...

Gosh he gets some good food doesn't he.  How can the supermarkets even think of throwing all this perfectly good food away.  I wish dumpster diving was legal in this country, not that I could climb into a skip or dumpster these days!!  There are some UK skip divers, but they have to be very careful as most supermarket skips are on private and gated land owned by the supermarkets.


And finally here are some Meals of the Week from 'What's for Tea'.  I've been watching her videos while eating my way through the challenge food that I had last week ... and trying not to drool too much.  😄


I also like watching her shopping videos for some reason, isn't it fascinating seeing what other people buy.  


I hope you find some of those interesting, I tend to watch either over my first coffee of the day or while I'm sitting enjoying my lunch.  It's nice to switch off from work for a while with something completely different.

Hope you have a great weekend whatever you're planning to do.  

We are heading off for a couple of hours to the gender reveal party in Haslingden, to see what our new great grandchild will be ... oh how lovely was it back in the day when the sex of your baby was a surprise!!

What do you guess girl or boy??

 To help you out ... in no way whatsoever really ... I have three grandsons, one granddaughter, one great grandson and one great granddaughter ... so who's next?

(I'll let you know next time.)

Sue xx




13 comments:

  1. Great grands!!!! How very exciting! Yes. Things were quite different 30 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that's a gorgeous photo. Guess the great grandchild - no idea! I don't know whether it's a good thing or not to know the sex of the baby in advance - yes you can plan accordingly and buy the 'right' things, but what if you (expectant parents I mean) really wanted a boy, or a girl, and find out you're not getting the one you really want?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted one sort and found out I was having the other sort at a 20+ week scan - it was a good thing for me, as I had time to get used to the idea and choose a name etc. Mrs G in Glos

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your day-I’m not keen on gender reveal parties or baby showers. I was very grateful for the one beautiful daughter I managed to produce after an 8 month pregnancy when the little we had prepared was white. Changed days and hope you enjoy your day. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo is gorgeous!
    I've never heard of a gender reveal party. I've managed to avoid anything connected with childbirth - none of my mates have ever had kids and the friends I've made later in life had school-age offspring or older. I've only held a baby once - it was foisted on me in Mumbai and it weed on me. Have fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm enjoying that'one pound' channel too. As you say, he is a very likeable, engaging young man and very creative with such meagre ingredients.
    I hope you're enjoying the party. I preferred to wait and see. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find baby showers and gender reveal parties a bit weird too, another US import I guess like school proms. They are costing my daughter a fortune as she has 2 kids leaving school this year.. It's £40 to go to it plus all the new clothes :(
    Anyway, enjoy the party, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also enjoy food and shopping videos ,easy to watch and sometimes get some helpful tips .Thank you for suggesting those you tube videos, I enjoyed watching them, I have stopped just going onto the you tube channel as things keep coming up that upset me, especially the ones with sad and neglected or injured animals, I don't click on them but it's too late as I have already seen the picture so I now just type in googlie the individual ones I know I like and get round it that way . Lovely photo, I would like to live in that house, I would sleep with the window open and be soothed by the sound of the water and have my breakfast in the conservatory :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both my daughters wanted the sex of their babies to be a surprise - so we have no idea what the new one in May will be. I know a couple of people who were told the sex of their baby and at birth it turned out wrong!! I haven't heard of a gender reveal party but these days it is any excuse for a party...life to the younger generations is just one long party as echoed in the many parties held in Downing Street during Covid.
    I always have a look at other peoples shopping before me on the conveyor belt in the supermarket and wonder what they are going to be making from the ingredients! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Skip( dumpster) diving isn’t really legal in the US either..you note how people go at odd hours and are constantly on the watch..it’s amazing what is tossed out...
    If you see things sitting by the kerb in the US, it’s generally because the homme owner is offering it for free...sometimes there’s a free sign with it... always polite to check, but often people will put outgrown bikes, toys, furniture, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the mother of a eighteen year old girl and a sixteen year old boy. Both times they offered to tell me the sex but I wanted a surprise! I was certainly surprised with my daughter as I'm the least girly girl in the world and I couldn't think what I'd do with a girl - luckily she's a complete tomboy so we get on fine. When I had my scan with my second I deliberately didn't look at the screen in case I saw something but then I had to have an extra scan and stupidly I looked and there was definitely a bulge between the legs so if it had been anything other than a boy I would have been amazed but I didn't know for certain. In any case it shouldn't matter what the sex is -so long as they're healthy and have all their bits and bobs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you a happy reveal and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely love that picture of the lock gates x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.