Tuesday 4 July 2023

Fluffy, Noisy Neighbours, Partying Bed Springs ... and It's Good to Be Home



Our neighbours at the caravan park.

I have never seen fluffy baby seagulls before, lots of speckled adolescents chasing round after chip stealing parents, but never the very young version.  They were lovely little things ... even if Mum was a bit vocal for a good part of the day.


After a visit to the flat and then on to our letting agents to discuss us not selling it, and a talk about how they had mistakenly given the go ahead for the redecoration and re-carpeting of the flat we drove into Llandudno.

The dogs both enjoyed the return visit to their favourite old stomping ground, and loved walking along the grass near the Little Orme.  The tide was right in and the beach that's usually there was well hidden, there was just a lone fisherman at the waters edge braving the grey skies and winds.


Moody skies but lovely fresh air.

Later after an evening playing bingo and having a drink in the club we enjoyed fish and chips in the caravan.  Then the next day we did a return visit to the flat to measure up for curtains and plan a few things for it's future.

The caravan was advertised a a 'Comfort' version ... it was nothing of the sort, and after two sore nights lying on a mattress with every spring having a party with it's neighbour we decided to call it a day and come home a day early to sort out some things that needed sorting.


 It's good to be home.
  
You only realise just how good home is when you leave it for a while!!



Sue xx



18 comments:

  1. Home is lovely. Wherever I go, I am always glad to be home again.
    What a shame the caravan was so very uncomfortable though.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we were spoilt by the comfort of our our caravan a couple of years ago. But it served it's purpose while we needed to be near the flat.

      Delete
  2. I’m so fussy about my bed and pillows that I am anxious each time we stay away. Pillow comes too! Looking forward to a sneak peek of your flat and hope you get everything sorted out soon. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been fully repainted, and the carpets were going down yesterday, so it should be looking really good now. I'll take photos as soon as we can stay there ... we need some furniture first. :-)

      Delete
  3. So true. Home is the most comfortable place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, and more so once you're a grown up. :-)

      Delete
  4. Hope your spine and muscles recover swiftly once you are back in your own bed.

    I remember miserable self-catering cottages like that before we moved up to Cumbria . . . there is a reason I now drive around with my own bed 🤣 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh yes, as soon as I got on my own chair and had a night in my own bed I was ten times better. You have exactly the right idea taking your bed with you ... you little tortoise. :-)

      Delete
  5. Agree, there is nothing like home and your own bed. It sounds like you had a lovely time though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a successful weekend for sure, and now it's nice to be home and making plans.

      Delete
  6. There's no place like home :) Although it takes going away sometimes to fully appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definintely, the comfort of home is to be appreciated for sure and you just don't realise how comfy you are there until you go somewhere else do you.

      Delete
  7. Indeed, nothing comes close to my own bed. I love it more and more the older I get.
    Are you planning on moving to your flat or are you keeping it to rent out?
    Sorry, I wasn’t quite sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a post all about the flat and our plans for it here:- https://asmallerlifelivingsimply.blogspot.com/2023/06/weekend-shopping-and-admitting-i-gave.html

      Delete
  8. I do need my own bed to be comfortable. I think that's why I'm not so bothered now that we simply can't go away anywhere. For the last 10 years before our 2 moves, we had our motorhome and then the touring caravan to use. The beds were just right and I could relax knowing I had my own pillow too. I'm very fussy lol....
    A glimpse of your flat, all clean and fresh would be lovely!
    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we were spoilt by our caravan and expected any rental to be as comfy, especially when I upgraded to a 'Comfort Van ... lesson learnt!!

      We've just got some photos back of the flat all redecorated and carpeted so I will try and share some soon.

      Delete
  9. Sorry about your caravan. You are making me nostalgic for sea air and seagulls with babies. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm over the disappointment now ... and about to write a shopping list of things that we will need to buy for the flat. It's like playing house all over again. :-)

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.