Wednesday 1 May 2019

A Simple Week


It's been a simple week up to now. 

A bit of gardening, some sitting in the sun ... little Bella knows how to relax that's for sure and I've spent far too long sitting watching her, either while she snoozes or while she chases flies, attacks bark chippings or annoys Suky with her puppy kisses and mock attacks.  

There have been lots of doggy walks in the sunshine, but no shopping up to now so no money spent.  I'm thinking it's time for a Challenge over on the other blog ... it's been far too long since the last one. 

Today's main task was going to be a re-jig of the largest of the kitchen base cupboards.   It has only two big shelves and being a corner cupboard is pretty hard to reach into for things.  I trawled Amazon looking for some freestanding shelves that I could use inside them to make more logical use of the space, and finally found some that I hope will be okay.  Now all I have to do is assemble them!

  But anyway, somehow I ended up re-jigging pots in the garden instead, I guess it makes sense to potter outdoors while the weather is good and save jobs like kitchen cupboards for wetter days.


The sounds of the river and the birdsong this morning were so lovely I tried to record it while we stood on the bridge, but the river totally drowned out the birdsong.  Here's my little clip anyway,  sorry for the abrupt ending but a fellow dog Walker suddenly appeared in shot 🙃


Sue xx



7 comments:

  1. What a lovely life for a little girl :-) River level seems low, certainly up here the water level is much lower than I would expect at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is low, which all the locals are finding strange seeing as only a couple of weeks ago it burst the banks and flooded the opposite fields. The day after any rain it's almost back to normal as it flows down from the hills, but then it just gets lower and lower. The ducks were having to walk across one stretch to get to the rest of the river yesterday. 😆

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to the next challenge.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just getting my head into gear 🙃

      Delete
  3. Deb from Ohio1 May 2019 at 13:10

    I really like the sounds of the river, one of the nice things about walking beside moving water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bella has grown! I look forward to seeing what you do with your corner cabinet. I have one that is always a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those corner cupboards are a pain. I am waiting to see what you do with yours.

    Looking forward to your next challenge.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.