Tuesday 21 May 2019

First Sort Out of the Awkward Cupboard


A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I was going to organise the largest of the kitchen cupboards  ... I did get stuck in eventually, but I had put it off and put it off because it's such an awkward cupboard to get things into and out of.

All this stuff was on the top shelf.


It had fitted in because I had made a temporary shelf out of a cardboard box, which gave me a couple of extra surfaces for things that weren't being used right at the back of the cupboard, it was nice to finally just get stuck in, get everything out and give the cupboard a good clean.


I had bought some expandable 'under sink shelves' off Amazon.  They are called that because you can add the plastic slats along the metal rail wherever you need to, so can build your shelves around any pipework etc under a sink.


Anyway I managed to get them to fit neatly at the back of the cupboard on both the top and bottom shelves, and I put back most of the stuff that had been in the cupboard, having had a bit of a sort out.

This is the top shelf.


And this is the bottom shelf.

I quickly shut the door on my tidying and left it at that, but it wasn't sitting right ... I still had a niggle in my head.  The phrase I used above 'things that weren't being used', the amount of plastic boxes and the ongoing awkwardness of reaching things at the back of the cupboard.   I mean who wants to get on their hands and knees on the floor while cooking a meal to get to things at the back of a cupboard  ... not me for sure.

So this morning I'm re-doing it, it's very necessary for my peace of mind  ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿค”

I'll take some photos  ... you'd be shocked if I didn't!!


Sue xx



8 comments:

  1. I had to laugh when I read this post.
    I went through the same process yesterday.
    I put back the contents of the sideboard after it had been emptied whilst decorating.
    I thought I’d put things I don't use at the back.
    “Don't use”!......why put them back.
    Another load to go to Hospicethis morning!
    I like the sound of the expanding shelves , I have one of those difficult cupboards in the kitchen.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how the mind works isn't it. I have just finished the final sort out of the cupboard and now I can relax, I have only what I need, and a lot of plastic is leaving the van ๐ŸŒป

      Delete
  2. Go you!!!! That has to feel wonderful to be all organized and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to be organised but can no longer get down to get to the back of my kitchen cupboards -a job for my cleaning lady I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got big baskets to fit in my cupboard like yours. I only have to slide out 2 baskets to get to the back one. I'm more likely to use the stuff back there if I can easily get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had those exact shelves for under the kitchen sink. They were and are wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to adopt that mindset too - it's really hard when one has been a hoarder all ones adult life (primary teachers usually are hoarders and, generally, can use all the stuff they squirrel away over time).
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.