Thursday 2 May 2019

Two Eggs, Two Buns


I had two eggs that really needed using up, as shop dates would go they would have been a month out of date, but as home laid ones I trusted they would be fine ... can I say trusted when I did the float test just in case πŸ€£πŸ™ƒπŸ™‚

But yes they were, so they both got hard boiled, of course it made sense to cook them together even though I would be eating them at different meals.


Egg number one was going to make me an open egg bun for my lunch, with a sachet of mayonnaise from the Stash Tin.


Once it was mashed up it didn't look like much, so I decided to slice egg number two up and use the all white ends to bulk out egg number one. 


A quick nip into my Smaller Garden and I had a few stems from the chives bowl to add colour, flavour and a smidge of goodness to my lunch.


Egg and bun number one - an open egg bun for my lunch on day one.


Egg number two was placed, covered into the fridge ready to make my tea last night.  A quick rummage through the salad drawer and I had lettuce, red onion and cucumber to join the egg slices and another sachet of mayonnaise to 'butter' my bun with.


So tea last night was an egg salad bun, two meals made with the same base ingredients and tasting totally different.

Two eggs, two buns - used up.  Simple food, simple ingredients. 

I haven't shopped all week it's a good feeling πŸ™‚


Anyone else like me, in that you can't sit down and enjoy a snack or meal until all the prep pots are washed?  It drives Alan mad, he's always telling me to leave the pots until after or that he'll do them later, nope I  like to sit down with a clear sink ...


... and a clear, clean work area.


Sue xx



8 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I'm not - I'm quite happy to leave the dishes for a while. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I do however always make sure that everything is cleared away straight after the meal. I hate a messy kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am afraid Iam pernickety about my work surfaces being clean and the kitchen being tidy. I might be a bit tardy about switching on the dishwasher until it is perfectly full though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very OCD so yes, I woudl definitely have to clean up before relaxing for the evening! I have been living off of my eggs from Easter! I still have a dozen left! HA! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you Sue, I must have the kitchen all tidied up before I can relax with a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh no! Definitely a leaver of dirty pots here! Hubby on the other hand is straight on it as soon as he's had his last mouthful! Drives me mad - even moreso if we've got guests at the table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leaver of dirty pots here as well. I do them right after our meal though. Harvey would leave them for hours.

    Your meals look very scrumptious.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to wash up as I’m preparing our meal but I hate hot food getting cold because I’m trying to do it all before eating.
    Pans are left until afterwards.
    I love your menu; simple wholesome food that sounds delicious.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.