Tuesday 27 October 2020

It's Here at Last - Moving Day


Like any good blogger on moving day my computer will be the last thing to be packed away, so here I am drinking coffee and tippety tapping away on the keyboard.  I thought I had done a really good job in moving everything over the course of the last week, car load by car load.  


At first glance you would think so wouldn't you!!


But then last night I lifted the sofa cushions to get to the storage area underneath where I knew the salt crystals and a big box of dehumidifier plastic thingies to put them in that we use when the Van is closed for the end of season were ... and I found a great big vacuum bag of duvets and more bedding which will make for a whole boot full for my little Fiat.

I am running to no definite timetable ... except one of my own making ... but I want to hand the keys in this afternoon, so I will be making a run to the flat to empty the car of this load and then one final return to the Van for a good clean of the floors and steam of the carpets.


Then the keys will be handed in ready for hopefully some viewings in the next few weeks.  As Alan said on the phone last night it's the end of an era.  Another chapter of our lives completed and enjoyed, time to move on to the next chapter.

Small town living here I come.


Sue xx





 

18 comments:

  1. Only discovered your blog about a week ago but really enjoying your updates and your spirit. I'm also going through a big life change and it's so uplifting to read how others are doing. All the very best to you and look forward to reading how it all goes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good wishes to you, Sue. Hope you have many happy days, some adventures and peace in your new abode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you settle very well in your lovely new flat Sue. As Alan said 'the end of an era'. Let your new chapter begin and I hope you enjoy your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fresh start. Hope your new home brings you blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend has a little Fiat 500 and she love it too, its surprising what you can get in it. The end of an Era and the start of a new life for you. I know you are going to make the very most of being a Townie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes for a happy life in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am eager to move with you to town. At least you found the items and didn't remember them after you had already turned over the keys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have missed so many blogs...hope you are your husband are happy in your new home. It sounds nice. I enjoy your blog so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bit like a last second check of the attic to find something hidden under the eaves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new adventure will be wonderful... I can feel it in my bones! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel sure you will be very happy with your new home. It is taking shape already.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done you, but ha ha finding more duvets tucked away.. we're wondering if we'll ever move again.. may be!
    I am sure you'll be very happy once you're settled in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Small town living, I love the sound of that♥ End of an era, start of a new era, very exciting:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting for you.

    God bless,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing you much happiness in your new home. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope it all goes smoothly for you, Sue. X

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.