Wednesday 7 October 2020

Moving On - The New Plans


Yay - it's all official ... although no money has yet changed hands.  But I have just checked and my new place is all mine.  And as I said, as soon as I knew I would tell you here I am telling and showing you.  My new home from next week, is the bottom left of these four flats, the front door to the left of centre and the two windows to the left of it.

I decided that rather be in the uncertain position of perhaps not being able to stay in the Caravan Park over Winter, due to maybe more changes in the Covid rules and regulations I would find myself a new and more permanent base to live and eventually house hunt from.  

To tell the truth I am also getting very fed up with the rules and regulations that living in a caravan park during these Coronavirus times brings.  It was bad enough in normal times, but just recently we have been getting emails and instructions on a weekly basis ... as you can image this does not suit me at all!!  The thought of my own property in the heart of the town I love, with only the normal looking after someone else's house rules was so much more preferable.

All the letting agents checks have been done and I get the keys on 16th October, then I can go about making it mine ... and Suky's ... for at least the next year.


I've not moved far, in fact I am still on the same river just much further along, so our morning walks will still be riverside ones, but we will be in the town and with shops, restaurants and amenities right on our doorstep instead of a ten minute drive away.


One thing that is very different is my 'garden'.  I've gone from almost five acres in Wales to the tiny Van garden and now as you can see from the arrow I have a little window basket thingy-me-bob.  I think my little tin bath will have to move with me ... and perhaps my bench.


One thing that has gotten bigger is my floor space.  The Van has a grand total of 432sq ft and my new flat is approximately 603sq ft according to the letting agents details.

Once I have the keys I will get some more photos of the rooms for you all to have a look at, but in the meantime I am busy Ziffit-ing all my unwanted books and DVDs in an attempt to stay cost neutral with the things I have to buy to set up this new life for myself.  The first of which are a little under-counter fridge-freezer and a washing machine.

I will be continuing to live extremely simply, indeed perhaps even more so, bringing minimal things from the house in Wales so that it still 'shows' well to prospective buyers and making do with mostly things that I can pick up second-hand.  I have decided that while I am officially working I will save as much money as I can and in effect put myself on an 'on-going Challenge' with my food budget.

It's a change that I have been looking forward to for a while, and I hope that you will come along with me for the new adventure, it's almost going to be My New Life in a Town.

I feel I have come full circle!! 


Sue xx



 

36 comments:

  1. Wonderful, beautiful and a new project. What could be better now. I love the look and one level of the deal. Wise decision . Grand all in all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wise move to get away from the irritations of the park and stay in an area you know well and like. Also, an opportunity to try out simple living/small space living in a different way. House hunting will be easier too. Bet you're chuffed and relieved to see this plan come together. I'm definitely looking forward to following your new townie adventure. Thanks for sharing and congratulations x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Sue, I look forward to reading about your new life in a town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks quite lovely. I love that you will be in town. The layout is nice and you will have fun making it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many congratulations for working out what you need, and then getting on with it.
    Does that mean the Van is up for sale? Apparently they are selling incredibly fast around here as people try to secure future holiday accommodation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will be as soon as I have moved everything out of it. Moving will take me quite a few trips as I only have a Fiat 500 :-)

      But it's a bit of a plus really as it will be nice to move things one car-load at a time and be able to put things away as I arrive at the flat and then take Suky for a walk.

      Delete
  6. It's nice to have something to look forward to. Good idea to make a move now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, just the sort of breathing space needed. I know you'll have it ship shape and Bristol fashion in no time at all. Looking forward to hearing all about it. I've still got my fingers crossed for a sale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! Will Ginger and Mavis be staying at your other house for the time being?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ginger and Mavis will be with Alan.

      Delete
  9. A sensible move with all the restrictions and uncertainty at the van, and having to be out over the winter anyway.

    I hope that your smallholding sells soon. All the agents we have spoken to lately say things are REALLY hectic and properties flying out, so I hope yours will soon be one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really happy for you and I look forward to following your new adventure. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had an idea that you would be wanting to rent a more permanent home in the short term. I know from experience that having to leave your home during winter (it was the month of Feb in our park home) is not condusive to being relaxed. The flats look lovely and with the bonus of still having river walks but being within easy reach of shops too. It will be fun moving your stuff in gradually too, Sue, I can't cope with moving in all in one day now! I look forward to seeing more of your new home 🙂 Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad things are working out for you Sue - I look forward to following your adventures (and Suzy's too of course).

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an exciting time for you! You will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is a very sensible plan during these uncertain times. I like the ring of - my new life in a town. I look forward to seeing your new home take shape and reading along with your new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a fabulous place without all the rules and regulations of the van. I'm sure you will really enjoy the new location!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like new adventures are ahead, Sue, and I'm happy for you! For some reason I thought you had a husband and it doesn't sound like he's in the picture anymore... or am I confusing you with someone else? At any rate, if that's changed too then good for you on that front as well. Change is not a bad thing and is usually good for our soul & spirit. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have a husband. He chose to change the plans we had made together and just do his own thing .. without actually telling me. I have therefore decided also to walk my own path, I do tell him what I'm up to, eventually 😉

      Delete
  17. So pleased for you. A new plan and a newish location. Goodbye to the winter in your van. Hello to your cosy home. I hope the move goes well and that you settle well without the garden and all the hard work ditched. Please keep us up to date with your life as a townie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds perfect to meet your changing needs. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  19. May your new home be filled with love, joy and peace - and may you have many unexpected blessings

    ReplyDelete
  20. How exciting for you! The floor plan looks excellent as the rooms are laid out quite well. This will be a safer and more secure home for you through this winter which could be challenging between covid and the weather. You will not have to worry about closing up the Van for the winter months now. I love the look of a brick home and this one is lovely. I can't wait to see the inside and also how you will decorate it as you do so good at decorating! I am happy for you, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Exciting times - looking forward to hearing all about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good for you! Looking forward to hearing about your new digs and town.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic news:) I'm excited for you and cannot wait to read and tag along as you begin your new adventures as a Townie♥ Home, sweet home for the next year at least xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very exciting. It is going to be an adventure.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations, so nice for you to be settled in and safe and happy before the cold weather hits.
    The new flat looks just the right size for a base to have while you look for a house at a leisurely pace, with no seasonal rush to pack up.
    Looking forward to seeing what it is like and how you will cosy it up to make it perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So exciting. I can't wait to see inside. I loved what you did with he van and I'm sure I will love this too - just a shame there's no garden. You made such a lovely space for yourself at the van. But window boxes are great, as are pots and tubs. Minimal weeding!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. A bench and pots , it will be a lovely garden area.

    ReplyDelete
  28. How exciting! I'm so glad you've found somewhere right for you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations! I look forward to seeing the ongoing decorating and - as always - following along with your challenges! Have fun with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good luck with your new adventure Sue and I hope the flat works out perfectly for you (and Suky). I was a bit worried about Mavis and Ginger, but I realise someone else asked the same question I was going to. All sounds lovely but wont you miss Mavis and Ginger? Certainly coming along on your journey with you. You are an inspiring lady and I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed following your adventures. All the very best and can't wait to see more photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  31. That sounds like a great step forward towards your new life - hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  32. All the very best for your new beginnings. Are you uncoupling or living in seperate homes together if that makes sense

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.