Friday 30 October 2020

A Place for Everything ...

 


A place for everything and everything in it's place ... oh how I wish this were true for the whole flat!!

But at least I now have my blogging and office station in place.  Sitting tapping away at my laptop on the bureau with the chaos of the rest of the stuff that still needs doing either behind me or in the other room I can pretend that life is organised and sorted.

I currently have a bit of a cheeky chappy fitting me a television aerial to the side of the flat, so I will be back to television reception for the weekend ... yay.  

Quick Tip:  never accept the first quoted price from a company no matter who they are.  His first quote for installing and supplying the aerial, and running a cable into the socket in the flat was for £169.99.  I let my face drop and said 'I didn't expect it to be that much', he quickly said 'What sort of price did you expect it to be?', I said 'At the very most £120'.   'I'll go and have a word with the office' he said.  Two minutes later he came back in and said 'yes, they agreed I can do it for that price'.  It seems a lot of money until you break it down, once I have the aerial I have no other television costs, apart from the TV Licence obviously which I have already changed to this address, as I watch on a Freeview box that records and rewinds/fast forwards etc.  So as a monthly rate over the year I expect to be here it's not too bad, and in my opinion in these strange times it's worth every penny for a years entertainment.


Anyway ... back to the bureau, as soon as I finished blog posting yesterday, well maybe after a bit of blog hopping a few cups of coffee, I set too filling the bureau with all my bits and pieces.  It was just so nice to have a piece of furniture I could put things away into.  Every basket or box emptied is like a whoosh of relief.


It didn't take long to find a place for all my bits and bobs.


I broke off for a sit down and a spot of well balanced lunch before the next stage.


Lining the lower drawers.

I cut out the paper for the top one and then thinking I was being very sensible, used this piece as a template to cut two more pieces of wallpaper the same size ready to go in the next two.  Yep, I completely forgotten that the top drawer is obviously narrower than the lower two due to the runners that sit on either side of it to support the flap when it is down.  Luckily I had a full roll of wallpaper so I cut out two more larger pieces that actually fitted.

Mission accomplished.  

Now the top two drawers hold all my stationery items and the bottom one is a sort of tool box of all the odds and sods that normally live in that dreaded 'kitchen drawer of doom' that we all have, and my kitchen drawer has space for much needed kitchen storage.

Tomorrow I will be sorting out the myriad of baskets that are holding bathroom stuff, and hopefully there will be a place for everything.


Sue xx





 



22 comments:

  1. It all sounds so very lovely and you will get everything else in shape and sorted soon, I am sure.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blogging station! It all looks very organised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can all picture me there now, tapping away each time you call by for a read 😃

      Delete
  3. The lovely bureau looks even better with all your stationery stashed in it. You've done a cracking job with the drawers, too.
    Well done on the haggling, we're the same. It pays to be cheeky. Massive fans of Freeview in this house. The TV keeps us sane.
    Enjoy your Pot Noddle, Jon's just put our noodles on, I'm hungry! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's holding so much, it's brilliant. Yes, I was determined not to pay that much when their website said 'from £69.99!!

      You can't beat noodles, Pot or otherwise 🤣

      Delete
  4. Looks good.
    Lunch looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always enjoyed a Pot Noodle, just once in a while though 😄

      Delete
  5. I do sometimes think a woman by herself can become a target in certain industries. So you did good challenging the price straightaway. My father had a similar bureau and it had a real leather smell when you opened it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, luckily my face matches my incredulous thoughts when someone comes out with ridiculous prices 🤣🤣

      Delete
  6. Well done on the haggling, Sue, it certainly paid off. The bureau looks VERY neat and tidy! You'll have everything ship shape in no time at all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's starting to feel like home, and Suky is settling into the new routine which helps ♥️

      Delete
  7. Your blogging station looks great! Good for you on the haggling and getting a great price.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be able to find my stationery at last. I just need a slightly more comfortable chair 😄🤣

      Delete
  8. I love your blogging and office station! The new desks today are simply not made to hold hardly anything! Many of my desk type items are not even near my desk for lack of room. Great job on getting a better price for the installation of the television aerial! You were wise to bring up the price. Good luck with organizing the bathroom. That is where I always have trouble finding room for things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit to putting off the bathroom organisation, I did the bedding instead. It's now all in bags under my bed while I have a think what to do with it

      Delete
  9. The bureau looks lovely all set up as your office station and the lining paper is really pretty. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the only roll of wallpaper in the charity shop, luckily it is quite pretty. I could have ended up with Thomas the Tank Engine 😂🤣

      Delete
  10. Love your bureau Sue, perfect blogging station♥ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each little step forward seems like a huge improvement ♥️

      Delete
  11. love the bureau Sue. I remember when everyone seemed to have a bureau in their home. Don't see many of them nowadays and yours looks in very good condition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in lovely condition for it's age, I'm so pleased with it especially now I've put so many things into it and I can find a few things when I need them again. Losing stuff all week has been driving me mad!!

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.