Friday 7 January 2022

It Came To Me In a Dream

 


I got a letter from the hospital yesterday, it was copied to me, the MSK team and my GP's practice, and just confirming for my records and theirs everything that was discussed at my consultation with the spinal consultant last month, no real news there then.  

But ...  

Alan also got a letter from the hospital, his was from the parking company that manages the car park.  Seemingly we had not paid for parking when we attended my appointment and were now being fined £42 if we paid straight away, and a lot more if we waited more than two weeks.  Now we always take great care to pay when we park the car so this really flummoxed us.  I told him to search his car door pockets in case we had a ticket and could therefore challenge the fine ... but nope, nothing there.  Like a good citizen he paid up straight away, but we were still flummoxed.

Then last night I dreamt that me and Alan were out at a café with my boys in the dream they were aged two and eight, Simon the older one had wandered off so Alan took Jason off me and said 'You go and look for Simon'.  As soon as I stepped out of the café and into the car park it came to me ... the reason we had been fined for our hospital parking.  At this particular hospital you pay for your ticket after you come back to your car, which is a good system really as you never know how long you might be kept waiting around.  But if you come out and you are chattering away about your consultation like me and Alan were, or if you have had some really bad news how easy is it to completely forget and just drive off.  This parking company must make a lot of money this way!!

Thank goodness for dreams though, this was really bothering us both all day yesterday.


Top photo and this one, some homemade coleslaw I rustled up yesterday for us to eat alongside some homemade potato and fishcakes for lunch yesterday. 


Dessert was mince pies and cream, both eaten while we watched a film on Amazon Prime.  That's me ahead of the game as we are eating out tomorrow for Alan's birthday and ghe rules of my Challenge say I can only have a meal out if I have shared or am about to share a meal made from my stores with Alan.  It's always best to be ahead of the game.  😀


I love this on the back of the cream carton.

I can't tell you how many times I have heard people say 'I have never and would never eat vegan food, it's disgusting'.  I just grit my teeth these days as it's really not worth the hassle, but lots of first time Veganuary participants are going through that for the first time at the moment.  I used to say, 'so you've never had chips/toast/an apple/a banana then?'  Cue immediate confusion or much swearing.

Sue xx





25 comments:

  1. If one more person says to me in that whiney way some people have "but what do you eat" I may lose my temper and say everything you eat except for the dead things. I normally try to use humor but sometimes you get frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definintely, and of course there's always the old favourite ... 'but where do you get your protein' ... will you scream or should I. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Seems like the car park should be set up so you can't drive off without paying. Our hospital parking is free because really we are spending so much $$ in their building through insurance and co-payments due!
    Your food always looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A reminder on the gate on the way out would be fairer for sure. 🙂

      Delete
  3. I still find it funny to see things labelled "suitable for vegetarians or suitable for vegans" when it's fruit or vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a good reason on some fruits funnily enough as some fruits are sprayed with a wax that is not suitable for vegans.

      Delete
  4. Perhaps you could keep a sticky note (or some other kind) in your car to put on the steering wheel once you park the car reminding you to pay for parking. That way, whether you need to pay before or after, it will act as a quick reminder in case you get distracted. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we ever need to go there again that would be a really good idea. 😀

      Delete
  5. How blimmin' frustrating and expensive to boot. At our local hospital you collect a ticket on the way in and pay inside the hospital before you can use the same ticket to get out. The barrier simply won't lift without it. I did, however, think I had read one of your blog posts, Sue, where Alan found £5.20 change in his coat pocket which was change from parking? Perhaps that was an earlier visit though?
    It should never be so expensive to park in hospital grounds, should it. It's penalizing the sick and their families.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you're right. 🙃😲🙃 That £5.20 would have been the change out off my purse that I gave him to pay ... and THAT explains why there was so much left for him to give me back !!

      At least staff and disabled parking was free in this particular hospital

      Delete
  6. Aren't dreams interesting?! I've had things come to me in dreams as well. I guess that means whatever it is, it is taking up a lot of space in our subconscious mind. I'm glad your dream gave you the answer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just shows that the brain is constantly working and searching for answers doesn't it. Well mine is, I can never let things drop 😀🤣

      Delete
  7. I am glad you figured everything out. Here in Canada you can't get into the hospital parking without stopping and picking up a ticket, there is a great big honking arm across the entry. On leaving there is another honking big arm across the road and a lovely gentleman (I have yet to see a lady) telling you what you owe when you give him your ticket. Once paid the arm lifts and you are free to leave.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it nice when you can still deal with a human, and one that is actually there, I've dealt with lots of disembodied voices in the past when parking barriers won't raise to let me out. 😬

      Delete
  8. We have gates on all of our parking lots. The gate will not go up to let you out until you pay. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes more sense that way doesn't it, but I guess it makes less money for a car park management company. ☹️

      Delete
  9. We got caught out at RPH where they use number plate recognition rather than barriers and tickets. My husband has an "account" which covers both our vehicles so that they claim against his debit card whenever we park there. Unfortunately, his debit card expired and the new one was a different number. so a payment failed. They notified him and sent him a similar demand to the one Alan received. He updated his card details and assumed they would then take the payment, but no he ended up with a final demand for rather a lot of money, Not happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An account is a great idea, as you say it's just when the card details have to be changed that it's problematic. I know the pain, as I have just been updating my debit card details everywhere too!!

      Delete
  10. Some of our hospitals have outrageous hourly fees for parking. Most of them require taking a ticket upon entering the parking area and a credit card must be used to pay on the way out. The large automated gate does not allow passage until the parking fee is paid. Attendants are being eliminated. Your fish cakes, coleslaw and pies look delicious. A B-day lunch for Alan will be good fun. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how it varies from hospital to hospital isn't it. Of the three I've been seen at recently this was the cheapest,well if you don't count the one that was free. 😀

      As the birthday boy gets a free main course at this particular local restaurant it will be a bargain birthday treat too, so I'm really looking forward to it.

      Delete
  11. That’s a bit naughty of that parking company. I know when was being treated for covid they used my dads car as he is disabled and if you register the car you get free parking for a year. Hubby has it now!! so flights put back again!! This country is getting odder and Oder by the day.
    I must admit I love the veggie food over here and it’s so cheap as well. Tofu isn’t and it isn’t very nice to be honest but the rest is great. Mum bought me a vegan Wellington to eat out of Sainsbury’s for 75p so that’s for tomorrow. Me and bean have a 3D ultrasound today but what will we see at 16 weeks not a lot I imagine but mum bought me it as a sale bargain . And the kiddos can come to. Shame hubby can’t.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I love a good vegan Wellington 😀. You might see quite a lot at 16 weeks ... a very well formed little bean in fact. Hope it goes well. ❤️

      Delete
  12. Vegan food most certainly is not disgusting - I wonder where they get that idea from. How weird.
    Frustrating about the parking fine but thank goodness you remembered. Dreams are wonderful things - many a problem of mine has been sorted out or mentally resolved in a dream. The brain is an amazing thing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of it is lovely and healthier than it's non-vegan equivalents but there are a few rank things that don't work. I'm aiming to head away from ready-made foods this year and go more whole-food-plant-based if I can ... and it's cheaper that way too. 😀

      I love my brain ... I'd be lost without it. 😃🤣🥳

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.