Saturday 22 January 2022

Mini Potato Pizzas

 

I find myself always on the look out for new recipes, especially budget ones that use some of my favourite simple foods, and those foods which I virtually always have in stock.


I came across this the other day and although I've thought of a way I can do it to suit me better*, it gave me the idea and that made it worth watching.  I may have watched a few more videos too, but what better thing to do than sit on the sofa drinking coffee and watching someone else cook on a freezing cold day.

There's so many food recipes and ideas online these days, there is really no excuse to stay stuck in a rut, unless you really, really want to.  😀


*Simply make some mashed potato (or use leftover mash) add a spoonful of flour to it to improve the firmness and make it hold together a bit better, and then press out little circle shapes on a non-stick liner.


Sue xx



15 comments:

  1. That looks a jolly good idea! I can't be bothered to make pizza bases for one but that would use up leftovers admirably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great for leftover mash isn't it, I couldn't imagine squishing a whole cooked potato although they turn out well in the video.

      Delete
  2. That looks so tasty! I'll try that for a quick lunch sometime. You find some amazing videos on 'the tube' don't you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definintely going to give it a go this week, and I think I may do a half and half mash with normal and sweet potatoes ... which would make it a bit healthier too.

      Delete
  3. Omg. Those look so good. Definitely one to try. Look forward to seeing how yours turn out too Sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definintely be giving it a go this week :-)

      Delete
  4. They look great, what a good idea. I can never be bothered to make pizza dough so I am going to try these. Of course you could put on any filling. How did your cake turn out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't look brilliant if you ask me, but it did taste amazing and my brother has asked for another one for every visit!!

      Delete
  5. I love your mashed potato pizza base tip and I'm drooling over your mid-century sideboard, what a stunning piece of furniture! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely isn't it and it hides a multitude of clutter inside it's elegant lines. I got it and my bedside tables from Vinterior, a very special treat for myself and my new home.

      Delete
  6. I'm sure that's what my Scottish ex MiL used to do and she called the 'tattie scones'
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very similar yes, but tattie scones don't have toppings. BUT little circles of fried mashed potato which are what tattie scones are would be delicious with most meals wouldn't they.

      Delete
  7. That is a wonderful way to use up leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom used to add an egg and some chopped onion to the leftover mashed potatoes and do potato cakes. I may cheat and use the instant potatoes with 4 cheese I have in the cupboard and revisit my childhood.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.