Sunday 27 August 2023

Making the Best of Typical Bank Holiday Weather

 


It's been a busy couple of days, so we decided to make the most of the sunshine that we woke up to yesterday.  

The forecast hadn't been brilliant for the weekend, so the minute I saw sunshine when I opened my eyes, I got up and loaded the washing machine and then managed to get it out on the washing line before we set off to Morecambe and a couple of hours at the seaside.

We walked along the prom and then sat at the far end admiring the view.


The dogs appreciate the rest as much as I do and they are brilliant people watchers. They met a lovely little dog called Rita who was celebrating her first birthday with a Puppicino ... a doggy drink from the café.


And after admiring the views for a few more minutes and seeing the clouds rolling in ...


... Mavis reminded us that part of the purpose of the outing was to get Mum a coffee and Dad a bacon butty.  So we wandered back along the prom to the Clock Tower Café.


We had a coffee each and Alan got his bacon bun, and of course the dogs got a little bit each too.  After a good half an hour of watching the world and his dog go by we carried on walking.  I had spotted a large Animal Rescue charity shop as we drove away from the prom on our last visit so I told Alan I would nip across the road for a quick look while he walked the dogs up to the grassy area for a while.


For less than the cost of Alan's bacon butty I managed to get a t-shirt, 2 books and the cutest little Dunn Bennet & Co. Burslem cup.  I've just looked up the cup online and it's mark dates it to anytime between 1937-1968.  There's a similar much less decorative one for sale on Ebay for £12.99 , so I think I've nabbed myself a bargain.

And of course I still have all these things ... Alan's bacon bun is long gone.

A successful day and one that I ended by binge watching the entire series of The 1940's House.  What a relaxing day.

This morning it's wet and quite chilly, so after breakfast I decided to mend the handle of my kettle with a bit of superglue.  Only Alan's superglue was all stuck up, and when I tried to force the lid open it all spurted out all over my fingers.  I managed to get the kettle fixed ... and now I can have a relaxing day picking bits of dried up superglue off my fingers.  😏

How are you spending your weekend?


Sue xx


18 comments:

  1. Whatever I do could never be as satuisfying as picking glue off my fingers. Or would that just be me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's not just you ... it's very satisfying. But my gosh I have a LOT to pick off. :-)

      Delete
  2. Moaning about the weather has never, to my knowledge, deflected a single drop of rain so I don't bother!

    Today it is going to rain, stop, rain again, stop again therefore I am having a pleasant morning puttering about with house-stuff and this afternoon my sewing room might see some activty :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As they say 'there's no such thing as bad weather ... just the wrong clothes'. But today I can sit smugly indoors with all my washing put away and relax with a book and LOTS of coffee. Have a good time in your sewing room. xx

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your day. I had the grocery shopping done and put away by 10 15 this morning! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to get ahead first thing isn't it. Just having that washing on the line before we went out made me happy, at least I had accomplished something. :-)

      Delete
  4. It was church for me this morning, this afternoon I'm going to have to have a nap as I slept badly last night - after that , if the weather holds I might get a walk in, I'll probably need the fresh air to blow the cobwebs away:-)
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Treats all round! Those little doggie faces are so sweet.
    I'm spending the weekend running round like a nutter - pricing, ironing and packing ready for next week's festival. No rain here but very grey and a miserable 15°C. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh you have a lot of energy. I hope the last few festivals of the season are good for trade, you work hard enough for sure. xx

      Delete
  6. This morning I spin-dried and tumble-dried the towels which almost dried on the line yesterday, before being soaked in the sudden downpour - now all dried, folded and in the cupboard. **smug face**
    I've Wordled, done online banking, answered 2 emails from friends and enjoyed a cappuccino plus a punnet of black cherries (yum) - and a phone call with my lovely niece. I was hoping for sunshine and a breeze, so that I could mow the lawn, but that will have to wait. it seems.
    Quite fancying a bacon butty now. . . . and would willingly share it with 2 smashing little dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh isn't that annoying, when things are almost dry and then they get rained on.

      I Wordle, Wordly and Woodoku every morning to get my brain into gear. It usually works. :-)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a fun day out! Mavis must be very happy that her Dad is back and there are bacon buns to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she likes it when we are all back together. :-)

      Delete
  8. Shh, don't tell anyone, but sometimes I purposely put glue of one kind or another on my fingers or palm so I can have the fun of picking it off.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha .... naughty, but nice. It took me until after teatime to finally pick it all off. I had to admit to Alan where all his glue went!!

      Delete
  9. What a wonderful day you all had, lovely photos:) Having photographs taken yesterday by our granddaughter for her one of her final year projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that sounds nice. I hope they all turned out well and her project works out. xx

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.