Wednesday 4 March 2020

Hot Water Bottle Snuggles


A certain little someone didn't want to get out of bed this morning.  

Hot water bottles are Suky's favourite thing and hot water bottle snuggles are enough to keep her in bed far longer than a Pug who has gone since teatime yesterday without having a 'comfort break' should.  She's got the bladder of an elephant so I'm not worried, it's just weird when you want a walk in the glorious morning sunshine and the dog doesn't  🌞


In other maybe less, maybe more, interesting news I have spent the last two days gradually unpacking the stuff we brought with us on Friday and the stuff that we stored under the bed when we left the Van in December.  There are some things in there that we put into the Van last year and that have never been used ... or read ... they are the first things going into the car boot sale bag ready to take back to Wales with me.  We are ruthlessly getting rid of all stuff  that isn't of use or of interest at both locations.


One box of things are going straight back under the bed until December though are the the plastic holders for the damp proof granule things ... I'm sure there's a proper name for them, but it's early, I've only had one coffee and I need fresh air when that Pug finally surfaces ... that stop the caravan turning into a mouldy, damp mess over the three month closed season.  I went slightly overboard buying the refill packs last year so I have enough in another box to use at the end of this season.

Talking of going overboard … is anyone getting a stockpile together of food during this Coronavirus pandemic?  I noticed in Aldi and Sainsbury's yesterday that the shelves have been picked pretty bare in some sections.


Sue xx



12 comments:

  1. We always keep a good storecupboard here - having learned down the years that the weather always catches you out sooner or later. However, we have bought in extra cat food, loo rolls, and tinned meat/fish/various beans etc so that we don't have to shop every week. Best to be prepared, rather than staring at the last tin of baked beans in an otherwise empty cupboard when there has been panic buying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No stockpiling here, we have good stocks already....the only things I bought more of were milk and cheese (can't be without cheese!). Our Betty's the same, she's a right teenager when it comes to mornings, she's never eager to get out of bed. How they can go for so many hours without needing a wee is beyond me....wish I was the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On your last question Sue - here in Leyburn our exceptionally good Co--op is just as normal - all the shelves are full and all the produce is fresh each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We always have reasonable stocks of dry goods, because I don’t want to shop for them any more often than necessary. My biggest food shopping problem is needing to go out every 5 or 6 days to stock up on fresh vegetables - the ‘problem’ of cooking from scratch and eating real food (ha ha).

    My Daisy was the same as Suky - no HWB but a heat mat under her memory foam mattress and as she got older her ‘getting up time’ got later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you bed come from Sue I have one with similar storage but its fabric. Yours is wood. My rental property sale completes tomorrow so I've been there today sorting bits. No stockpiling as I have enough from my Brexit shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fixed in the Van, just a caravan fitting so I don't know where it's originally from. Could you change yours with a wooden outer? I guess the tilt and lock mechanism is the most expensive part of it.

      Delete
  6. I might buy an extra this or that to put in the cupboard but, no, I won't be stockpiling. The shelves in our local Morrisons are bare in places but I refuse to panic. I keep my fridge & freezer reasonably full over the Winter months anyway so I hope we'll be ok. I have a new bread maker and can make soup and cake. What else do we need ? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soup and cake sounds like a very good diet in an emergency :-)

      Delete
  7. I tend to have a good supply of stuff in anyway so no, not really. I've just made sure I have plenty of paracetamol, etc, just in case.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suky looks so cute all snuggled with her water bottle. I know the feeling of not wanting to get up.

    We've not started to stock pile anything yet but we may have to not because of the virus but because of so many people causing shortages! We both take generic prescriptions that are shipped from some of the affected countries so we have ordered the maximum allowed just in case. There has been mention of some medications being affected by all this. It's good to be sensible but not go overboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just it isn't it, there's going to be no shortages because of the virus, just because people are panicking and clearing the shelves out.

      The general advice is to just have enough food and supplies in in case you need to isolate yourself for a while. it is only a virus and the majority of the population even if we do catch it will recover with just the old fashioned advice of rest, basic medications and a light diet.

      Being sensible is the way forward methinks.

      Delete
  9. I don’t blame Suky not wanting to move from that comfy place. I’m not stockpiling, we’d have enough to get by, if we have to spend more time at home. People just have to be sensible, don’t they?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.