Friday 10 February 2023

Cluttering Up My Hallway

 


My car went in for it's yearly MOT on Monday, and to facilitate them checking the rear seatbelts and the spare wheel I always have to remove all the animal related clutter from my car.  I tend to use this time to give everything a good hoovering, the seat covers, the beds etc etc and try to remove all the dog hairs ... some hope, but I can try!!


I dropped it off at the garage looking lovely and clean on the inside, it's black interior looking ... and I guess smelling ... a lot fresher than usual.  So while it was away I set too shaking everything outside in the sunshine, leaving outside to air for a while and then hoovering in the hallway.  What a mess it makes in my small living space doing anything like this, and having all the shopping bags that usually live in the boot of my car suddenly hung and placed all around.

It was driving me mad having all this extra stuff around and I was very relieved when the garage phoned a few hours later to say that it had passed it's test and could be picked up.  You have never seen things go back to their usual place so quickly.

And then Alan went to work for the week, and the dogs were in and out of my car like little furry yoyo's, distributing their pale fur with wild abandon.  


It's a good job I love them. πŸΆπŸ•


Sue xx



20 comments:

  1. Yes, and that you take such cute photos of them, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They photograph well don't they, although I always notice how old they are both looking now on photos. More than I do in 'real life'. :-(

      Delete
  2. My allergy to pet hair gets worse as I get older so it is nice to see your lovely doggy pics without them affecting me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, poor you. I must share more photos of my trio so that you can safely admire them from a distance. :-)

      Delete
  3. Ooh yes - we have a Labrador, need I say more!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, Labradors and Pugs, just two of the most moult-y dogs in dog world.

      Delete
  4. shedding joy and happiness in their wake...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ... my little Gtech hoover is now full of 'joy and happiness' ... and usually is every other day. :-)

      Delete
  5. I like the look of that curved desk very much. No barking your hip on a sharp corner as you walk past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I designed it with a curve for just that reason, it was supposed to be somewhere to eat but didn't work out for that so now it's my desk.

      Delete
  6. Bless their little hairy faces! Great news on the car getting a clean bill of health, too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a relief when it sails through the MOT, but with less than 150 miles done it last year it was virtually guaranteed. :-)

      Delete
  7. Whew - no expensive car bills! Yay! I thought you were clever to put the dogs' beds in the hall - confined walls and no carpet. Can you guess we were gorgeous Golden retriever grandparents, and the house, car and our lower legs usually covered in long, clingy golden hairs? That is a wonderful photo of your two darlings. You could never put too many on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were the car dog beds are were only in the hall for cleaning purposes, their 'indoor' beds are all in the living room on the rug, they door appreciate the extra warmth and padding now they are older.

      Yes such a relief to have no maintenance bill for the car just the £45 MOT fee ... phew!!

      Delete
  8. Ah, memories 🀣 The annual 'spreading the contents of the car / van around the house' and being horrified at how much space it all takes up. Glad your car is safe and healthy for another year, and that your lovely tidy house is back in order. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost good to have a 'clutter up' and then a 'clutter out'. It makes me appreciate the usually empty hallway even more. :-)

      Delete
  9. Well, they are adorable. Those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, big dark eyes always watching us ... especially if we have food or anything in a crinkly wrapper. :-)

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.