Wednesday 20 May 2020

Playing With Me Nuts ...


So ... we ate all the granola that I made last week, and I decided to make some muesli with the bag of muesli mix I found in the cupboard, to refill the now empty jar.  I didn't have any sultanas or raisins but I did spot some dried dates in the cupboard so I decided to use them.


I put handfuls of the nuts into a bowl first and then, for whatever reason ... boredom, interest in percentages in the mixed jar, general twiddling about ... I decided to sort out the various sorts of nuts.


It passed a rather uneventful five minutes of time.


I ended up with this little trio and a bowl of mixed nuts for the muesli.

The almonds went into the cupboard, I added the walnuts to a beetroot salad and the cashews were tipped into a big bag of salted peanuts, shook up and then added to Alan's nut jar.


So the other nuts with half of the muesli base and a big handful of the chopped dates, now chopped even smaller, made a good half jar of breakfasts for the next few days.

Alans only gripe was that the chopped nuts were still too big and there weren't enough of them, so I am going to whizz up the remaining almonds and try to find some more nuts in the cupboard to also whizz up, and add them to the jar.

SO ... when someone asks  'How did you spend your time during lockdown?'  

I can now say in a broad Mancunian accent ... I played with me nuts!!


Sue xx

11 comments:

  1. I am running perilously low on nuts, must get some more. A visit to Aldi is on the cards for this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know what I was going to find when I saw the title, I bet you get lots of hits for this post. I am still laughing. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing to do with nuts but have you seen a book called "A Hidden Home in the Gwydyr Forest" by Janet Corke. If not I have read my copy and would like to pass it on to you as it's set not far from you in the 1960s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't heard of that one, it sounds just up my hillside. If you can bear to part with it I would love to have it, thank you :-)

      Delete
  4. I think as Lockdown goes on things in Blogland are likely to get ruder and ruder so good start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog title made me laugh! I once read in a blog post: "I've lost me sprouts." The lady meant it literally as she had 'mislaid' her Brussel Sprouts in her messy home, but it could have meant anything … hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That made me smile! My husband's always made his own Muesli so he has it just as he likes it. He uses good oats, dried cranberries, mixed dried fruit, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and sprinkles a bowlful with a ground linseed mix.

    The bigger nuts - walnuts, unsalted cashews, and almonds he eats a handful of mid-afternoon (he is a creature of habit!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never quote understood the difference between muesli and granola. My favourite way to eat (either of) the is with ice cream... with or without sorted nuts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muesli is raw, granola is baked with either syrup or honey.

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.