Thursday 9 June 2022

Keeping It To Under £10 ... and Sweaty Gear

 


I like it when my shopping bill comes to less than £10, which it does quite regularly actually unless I'm tempted by a bottle or two of wine ... and I'm quite partial to a glass of cold white on a hot sunny afternoon so I've not managed it as much just recently.  😉


An unexpected £9.93.


I'm trying to run the fridge down in readiness for the Ration Challenge which starts in ten days, so although I bought some fresh bits to top up what I already had in the drawers there isn't much showing for the expedition to Aldi ... and as you can see almost all the goodies that I bought on Sunday at the Vegan Festival have gone, and bloody lovely they were too.  I have just the 'Porkless Pie' and the Chocolate Marshmallow Rice Krispie Slice left, which now I've typed out the words sounds like a perfect plan for lunch along with some of the Cherry Tomatoes.

I'm purposefully running things down as don't want any temptation to pull me off the straight and narrow during the Challenge, I think I'll even be taking my coffee stocks round to Alan's or I'll be succumbing to temptation and having to pay a fine, which you can do ... but £25 for a cup of coffee is a bit steep!!



Suky seems to be really missing her Dad this week.

Alan's been away at the works conference that he organises twice a year in Manchester and she started pining for him almost the minute his car pulled away.  I wondered why I was all alone in the Lodge yesterday afternoon and checking up in his bedroom I found Mavis on the bed, Ginger in the dog bed and Suky on the box where Alan had put all his running gear.  

I have never seen her do this before, but Dad's sweaty running stuff must have just smelt so perfectly comforting for a little Pug that can hardly hear or see and just needed a hug off her Dad.  I didn't have the heart to wake her so I left her as she was and then tidied things up this morning.  She's now snoring away at my feet while I catch up on computer stuff.  When she wakes up I'll tell her he'll be home in a few hours ... and no doubt almost as sweaty, she can get a cuddle then.


Sue xx


10 comments:

  1. That's sweet how Suky is snuggling with Alan's stuff when she misses him. How happy she will feel when he's home again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw poor Mavis, I'm sure she felt so much better after dozing with Alan's gear all around her. Isn't it funny how smells can be so comforting to dogs as well as humans. When my Granddaughter was small she liked to sleep whilst holding a garment of her mum's under her nose and she liked things which she said smelled of me to take to school in her bag.

    Your fridge is definitely looking a bit empty now, Sue, but you have a decent amount of shopping for under a tenner! It would be best for me too if I removed the temptation of coffee (or tea) during the challenge. Out of sight, out of mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I meant Suky ...doh...I thought I'd made a mistake as soon as I'd pressed the send button but it was then too late to check it. 🤔 I get there in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suky looks so cute on the box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, darling Suky. I would think that with sight and sounds now limited, the sense of smell must be even more important than previously.

    If there is a 'next time' when Alan abandons his girls ( 😆 ) perhaps a not-yet-washed sock might be soothing for Suky to have in her basket?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, poor Suky. I think I just might be a bit cranky without coffee and I would need to hide it as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food and the paracetamol are incredibly cheap. I would have to pay between 18 and 20 Euro.
    Hilde in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor little girl...Alan is in for quite a homecoming! Hope you enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.