Thursday 23 June 2022

Ration Challenge 2022 - Day Four - When your Food Gets Stuck in the Plughole!!

 


Well it was only one chickpea ... but it still elicited an 'Oh no!' when I saw it.

I was tempted to pop it into my mouth because it was cooked, and very well rinsed, but Mavis was stood next to me so she got it instead.  The dogs have not had any leftovers this week, there haven't been any!!

Breakfast was Paprika Rice and Dahl and pretty tasty although the paprika flavour was very mild, and salt and pepper was needed to make it a little bit more tasty.  The other portion of rice was left to cool and will be added to my tea if needed and be in the fridge ready for breakfast tomorrow.


Just before lunch I got out my Falafel recipe and got the ingredients ready to make it.


Not that there were many ingredients!!

I did add half of my remaining garlic to the dish to ramp up the flavour a little bit more.


Once again I decided to make both the flour products together to save time and mess later.  I'm fast running out of energy.  This was as near to 100g as I could get it.


The larger ball will be for my teatime pizza and the two smaller balls were for flatbreads to go with my lunch.

Lunch - Two flatbreads, three falafels and a good dollop of hummus. 

 Gosh it was filling, I'm glad I decided to save one of the falafels for another day, if it has been on my plate I might have eaten it just because they were so tasty.

My tea was delicious and I could have eaten it four times over.  It was just a simple flatbread pizza cooked in the pan to save putting the oven on. Topped with hummus, red kidney beans and a finely chopped spring onion.  Another recipe that I will be repeating in non-ration times.

Day Four is traditionally known as a tough day for the participants of the Ration Challenge, this morning we all got this email.  Which puts our four days into perspective!!



Thank you for all your donations, together we are at least making sure that they have food and some of the help that they need.


Sue xx



12 comments:

  1. I have just watched that short video, boy does that bring it home and the little boy at the end set me off :( , I wish someone could give him an ice cream ,this life depicted in that clip is all he has ever known and he is just one of so many , Well done Sue ,you have made a HUGE difference, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard and sad to imagine him living this life for all of his life isn't it.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Chrissie on this. I want to give all the children a hug as well as an ice cream each. You have raised a fantastic amount of money yet again, Sue, and your use of minimal ingredients is making tasty meals. At least the chickpea wasn't wasted! Keep going girl, you are amazing 👍😍x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they have never even seen an ice-cream. I think Mavis likes chickpeas!!

      Delete
  3. Very moving and motivating.

    You're giving me ideas. First I made some mixed bean pate (for lunch today) and now I am going to make some falafels - but with the rest of the mixed beans. Thank you so much! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bean pate is so tasty and so simple to make isn't it, I won't be buying it again that's for sure!!

      Delete
  4. BTW at first glance I thought you had a mallet in the photo of the dough balls! It would have been an easy way to flatten them into shape! 😂💪x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bashing them into shape with a mallet would have been SO satisfying :-)

      Delete
  5. You and your team are very special people and are doing a wonderful job.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's nice to encourage each other and of course all the other Ration Challengers. We have a Facebook group just for the challenge where we can chat to each other and share news etc.

      Delete
  6. I'm catching up on blogs missed this week with the background of the Supreme Court ruling on Roe v. Wade, and now your video clip . . . sheesh, our world has gone mad. Huge well done to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our world is a crazy, crazy place at the moment ... if only we could stop it and get off!!

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.