Friday 31 July 2020

There Are Always Reasons for Gratitude


So another change of rules for the people of the North West of England, and unfortunately one that affects me and my Mum.  Once again she is in a 'bubble' with my brother who shops for her each week and was brilliant all through the initial lockdown.  He will still be allowed to visit her because as well as being in her bubble and being classed as a carer for her, they both live in the Greater Manchester area.

However, I am so grateful that before this change of rules ... which came in effect at midnight last night ... we had spent a lovely day together.  Chatting, putting the world and it's bizarre happenings and occupants to rights, planting a little rose bush that had outgrown it's pot into her flower bed, where it will hopefully flourish and add to the beautiful little display she has nurtured this year.


And I'm even more grateful that last weekend Mum got to meet her first Great Granddaughter for the very first time.  As well as see my son Simon and two of his other boys.


They had a wonderful day ... and isn't this photo just so special 💖


And my brother Graham also got to see his only Great Niece for the first time, and be amazed at how his Great Nephews had shot up too.


Now I'm back at the Van and although it's far too hot to do anything in my own tiny garden today, I will be giving it a little tidy up over the weekend and maybe adding a few more herbs and edibles to any spaces I find.  The tin bath from last year is almost bare, now that the Tulips have been and gone (during lockdown when sadly I wasn't here to admire them 🙁) and could hold a few salad crops.

Gosh doesn't Suky look dejected in this photo 🤣

But until the rules change again I won't be able to visit my Mum.  Back to chatty phone calls it is then ... see always something to be grateful for.


Sue xx






22 comments:

  1. Glad you got a visit in. Does your van get hot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's okay if all the windows and the door are open though, and it cools down quickly at night ... something else to be grateful for.

      I would never leave Suky unattended in it on a hot day, it would be like locking her in a giant car ☹️

      Delete
  2. Lovely post and photographs Sue. I don't think Suky looks dejected - I think she looks as though she is on guard, ready to chase off any unwelcome visitors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's waiting for me to take her indoors ... she gets a little tidbit after each walk 😄

      Delete
  3. Lovely photographs indeed. I won't say here what I really think, it will mess your blog up. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pandemic is crazy. I live in the USA so you know that I know what "crazy" really is. *lol* I love your mobile home. I could live in something like it very very easily. Peace~ Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the reaction to the pandemic that's the crazy thing 🥴. Too many crazies out there, we all said they would spoil it for the rest of us.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos of you mum, brother and grand daughter. I think I'd empty the tin bath and fill it with cold water. 🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooo ... I have a lovely shower here at the Van for those hot days when a cooling rinse is really needed :-)

      Delete
  6. They seem to be sharing life's secrets, those two girls. Yes, a photo for all times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely that your Mum got to see her 'in the flesh' - this virtual reality thing doesn't make up for being in the same room and picking up body-language, does it. Could you set up Skype calls, or FaceTime with her? It's not great, but it's better than nothing. I'm so sad you're going backwards over there.
    That photo is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No although my Mum uses her computer for basic things she doesn't do Skype or Facetime. Other than this visit she has only seen Amira in photographs and of course heard all about her on her phone from Simon.

      Delete
  8. Yes, there is, and I'm so glad you got to meet up and have a lovely day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So was I, this 'almost lockdown' change of rules happened so suddenly and without any warning.

      Delete
  9. The photos are so beautiful, I think perhaps you look very like your mum Sue. And, yes, it's crazy that people have selfishly spoiled things again for you, it's very close to lockdown again where my daughter and her family live too. But again, yes, there is always something to be grateful for. The van is a great place to be and your mum is at the end of the phone. Enjoy the lovely weather 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do look like my Mum, just a 20 years younger version :-)

      We will go back to lots of phone chats in the next few days. Unfortunately the lovely weather only lasted a couple of days. We had torrential rain here overnight and it's sooooo much cooler today with regular showers.

      Delete
  10. Those photos are just lovely!
    I'm glad you got to spend time with your Mum. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had just gone back to my regular weekly visits for the last few weeks and now it's all got to come to a stop again, I'm glad my last visit was just before this change of rules.

      Delete
  11. Yes Mum enjoyed the day. I wasn't there when Simon took the children as it would have been too much for my Mum to cope with. She is not in very good health, although meeting her new great-granddaughter for the first time and seeing her great-grandsons was a real boost for her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Precious photos Sue, I especially loved the ones of your Mum with her gorgeous granddaughter♥ I'm sorry the goal posts have been moved yet again and hopefully it won't be too long before you can visit again xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.