Since then everything has pretty much stayed in the cupboards in the same place that it was put into, and although I've sorted a couple of times the contents of the cupboards have been pretty much the same. So ... I thought what better time than on a cool and blustery June day, one year later to have a proper empty out, and a good ... but slightly late ... Spring clean and look at anything that hasn't been used in that time frame.
Then I had a brainwave 😁
I have never been able to reach the top shelf properly, hence there being so little stuff kept up there. Until very recently I have not been able to manage even the two levels of my little kitchen steps. So what was on it had to be clutched at with fingertips, so I always ran the risk of dropping a jug on my head. So while I was wiping out the cupboard I noticed that there was one more set of shelf support holes about three inches lower, and after checking I realised that my little wooden boxes would fit into that gap.
So with Alan's help I lowered the top shelf, then I put some of the bitty bits into the boxes and finally had a top shelf that I could reach safely.
So now I have everything that I use, easily and safely accessible with no more moving things to one side to reach other things, and I know the cupboard is nice and clean as well as being calm and simple to look at when I open the doors ...and yes I might have opened them a couple of times since I finished just to peek inside. 😃