Thursday 29 December 2022

Betwixtmas Day Four - Finding Space for Christmas Presents ... and Dogs with Passengers

 


I brought my Christmas presents over from Alan's last night when I returned home after falling asleep watching television.  Today bit by bit I am emptying the shopping bag that I used to carry them over in.  It's hard to find room for 'extra' things when you live in a small space and your food cupboards are already fit to bursting and everything you have already fills the space that you have.

Luckily a lot of my presents were edibles, or in the case of this lovely Dandelion and Burdock cordial ... drinkable.  It's very tasty.


A few of the things Alan bought me, a couple of books ... I can always squeeze a couple more books on my bookcase ... a lovely little cabbage leaf dish.  And the apple that along with two satsumas was at the bottom of my stocking.

My sons and their partners had bought us, as requested, alcohol and edibles with some lovely toiletries as an additional surprise.  We now have enough gift bags to repurpose for next year and avoid the need for buying any additional wrappings.

I'd forgotten to download these images from Christmas Day off my phone.

Better late than never though eh!!

We bought these to make my Mum smile on Christmas Day, and watching the dogs trotting up her path and arriving in her bungalow with their passengers really did that.  The only hard part was trying to get photos of them, it's hard to get them to pose when one dog is full of energy after a long car ride and one dog is deaf.

But I have the proof that they wore them, and they didn't mind wearing their little passengers at all and were happy to leave them on for ages ... a lot longer than the socks we bought them a few years back. 😄


Sue xx



16 comments:

  1. I'm glad that the passengers the dogs had were not fleas - which was my first thought! They both look very cute! I'm currently trying to get our youngest cat used to a harness - I thought he might like to go out for walks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, none of our dogs have ever had fleas, we are very careful with their medication to keep them flea free. Good luck with that, I have never had luck with getting a cat to walk wearing a harness, no matter how young I have started them off. But people do so it must be possible.

      Ginger goes for a walk with the dogs but he walks free not on a lead or harness, if anyone comes towards them he darts into the hedge for a while or over the nearest wall.

      Delete
  2. Aww, those doggy pics made me smile! In the mini chaos that was Christmas Day here we forgot to put our canine darlings in their festive garb - lucky escape for them this year! Haven't had Dandelion and Burdock for ages, yum
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dandelion and burdock is a real blast from the past, and absolutely delicious. I rarely drink flavoured fizzy drinks but this and American Cream Soda is always the exception.

      Delete
  3. I love those 'passengers' and yes - they definitely made me smile. I can imagine those little jockeys bobbing up and down when the dogs trotted along. Lol, lol, lol.
    On Christmas Day I was at my son & daughter-in-law's home and their 2 young Staffie pups had been given a squeaky chicken each to play with. One was shocked when her chicken squeaked and ran away from it, but her sister enjoyed making a noise with hers, then lay under the table with it. Result - within a few minutes - one naked and wingless chicken with a defunct squeak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mavis loves squeaky toys but doesn't play with them for long, our other JR Rosy was never happy until she had taken the squeaker out of any toy we bought her, and as you say they would last minutes.

      Delete
  4. My first thought was fleas or ticks as well!!! Love their wee passengers and I hope it made your mum and everyone else smile!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did. Now Mum has requested a 'good photo' of the dogs wearing their 'jockeys' to show to her friends so we are going to have to have a photo session ... that could take a while!

      Delete
  5. Oh I love the dogs with passengers! They look very cheerful 😁
    Edible or quaffable gifts are preferred here too as well as warm scarves, gloves or slippers. We got them all from our daughter and the family this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think scarves and gloves will be on my Christmas present wish list next year, and even socks. I really don't mind socks at Christmas and never understand the folks that think it's a cop out present!

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh. The dogs are adorable! These are the most patient dogs I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are really patient now that they are older, they love it when they cause lots of fun too, so it's nice to let them join in this way.

      Delete
  7. The passengers are hilarious but it's the socks that really made me laugh, how tiny they must be!
    That cabbage leaf dish is very cute, it reminds me of the Crown Devon lettuce bowl and tomato servers my Grandma used to bring out for the Boxing Day buffet every year! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the socks are tiny. We couldn't find them this year, we definintely have a bag of Christmas things missing.

      I also have a larger green cabbage dish that I've had for years, so that's what made me admire this tiny one, and Alan snuck back at the Artisan market and got it for me while I was buying mine and Mum's Christmas tree robins.

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.