Thursday 22 December 2022

Blogmas Day Twenty Two - Cosy Evenings and Garlic Chives

 


I'm loving the long dark evenings with the twinkly Christmas lights.

 I have four sets of lights in my living room, including this tiny set off last years mini living Christmas tree, and I could put up more as there is a box still unused but enough is enough in such a small space.  I have also bought a pack of those little strings of lights with a 'cork' on top that you can poke into empty wine bottles to turn them into lamps.  There were ten or twelve in the set I bought ... I need to do a lot of drinking.

Somehow I think I'll manage.  😄😉🍷


Todays goodies are some more berry scented candles, a tiny jam and a packet of Garlic Chives seeds.  Now garlic chives are something that I have never had success with, normal chives no problem, garlic chives nope!  I really don't know why ... but I'll give them another go.


Sue xx



15 comments:

  1. I've never heard of garlic chives - might look out for some seeds. I love the Christmas lights too - so cheering.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never managed to grow them, so I have never actually tasted them ... yet!!

      Delete
  2. I love twinkly lights this time of year. Cheers and happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do make a huge difference to these dark and gloomy evenings don't they. I have the Christmas tree lights on all day and then all the others get switched on when it goes dark outside.

      Delete
  3. Same here regarding garlic chives, not as hardy methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once had Garlic chives rampaging through a polytunnel where I didn't want them so perhaps they are more tender than ordinary chives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly, but I did try growing them a few years running with no success in both my tunnels. :-(

      Delete
  5. Those little lights look so sweet! The decorations sure help brighten up these dark days of winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definintely need some twinkly lights at the moment don't we, what with dark evenings and bad news rampant on the television. Anything for a bit of cheer.

      Delete
  6. I've not heard of the lights with a cork for repurposed wine bottles, drinking lots of wine sounds like a great idea.
    Unlike you, the Solstice excites me, I'm so pleased that we're travelling away from the long nights and short days. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a brilliant idea. I only wish I like gin as some of the gin bottles I've seen would look beautiful all light up.

      Delete
  7. Garlic chives grow wild here. They have very pretty flowers that smell just like garlic, so not ideal for in a bouquet! I've not seen those lights with a cork. I might have to look for some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I don't know ... I LOVE the smell of garlic, I would happily have some included in a bouquet. It's one of the many smells I'm really missing at the moment.

      Delete
  8. I think of Garlic Chives as tropical. It is recommended to grow them in a container as they can take over in the garden if they like it there. I cut up a big handful to put in the pan when making scrambled eggs. Put it in the oil and a few seconds later, after the garlic smell has hit your nose, you put in the eggs.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.