Tuesday 13 December 2022

Blogmas Day Thirteen - Jugs, Radishes and a Pasta Bake

 

Today's Advent calendar offerings are my little Emma Bridgewater jug, a packet of radish seeds and some lovely dark jam.

My gorgeous little jug will go near the top of the tree in pride of place.


It's been so cold that I've not been fancying salad at all , so two whole packs of tomatoes were still in the fridge from a couple of weeks ago.  Last night I decided to roast them along with the oldest of the onions and a couple of garlic cloves from the freezer and make myself a nice warming pasta bake for my tea.

After forty minutes in the oven I tipped them into my Nutribullet cup and whizzed the lovely tomatoey, garlicky mixture up and poured it over some dry pasta along with some frozen spinach pellets and another cup of water

Half an hour later I had a gorgeous pasta bake and some garlic bread, with enough over to be able to repeat the meal tomorrow.  So garlicky and so tasty.


Sue xx



17 comments:

  1. I dearly love a tomato-ey pasta meal. So delicious. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just can't beat it can you, and knowing there were leftovers was really good.

      Delete
  2. Your pasta sauce sounds gorgeous - meal looks pretty good too! I am delaying putting up our tree for another few days - those kittens will be permanently IN it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The simplest meals are sometimes the best. Those kittens are going to love the tree, and think of all the photo opportunities.

      Delete
    2. Oh I do love that answer. It makes me smile to consider all the pictures.

      Delete
  3. Sounds and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hardly ever eat pasta but I could quite happily eat yours, it looks lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super tasty when you bake it from dry in the sauce, there's none of that watery soggy pasta flavour.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Oh it was gorgeous, perhaps too garlicky though, as since I've lost my sense of smell I get a bit carried away with it and I can literally feel an aura around myself of garlic even though I can't smell it.

      Delete
  6. I love easy meals that are satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes for relaxing cooking doesn't it.

      Delete
  7. What an easy and warming meal. The little jug is just so cute.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I love it. I treated myself to it two Christmases ago.

      Delete
  8. That sounds delicious! And simple too, best combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometime the simplest meals are the best aren't they. :-)

      Delete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.