Sunday 11 December 2022

Blogmas Day Eleven - Oscar Wilde, Ballerina Mouse ... and an Overflowing Trolley

 


Day eleven of the Advent calendars, and I now have Tarragon seeds, another mini jar of jam and my little wooden stocking bought from the gift shop in Llanrwst when we lived in Wales.  I always like the tree to be decked with things that bring back memories.

To quote  Oscar Wilde ... 'I can resist everything except temptation.'

Wandering around Aldi, getting the few bits and pieces that I needed and buying some more treat type shopping for the Foodbank trolley I spied the Ballerina Mouse, one of Kevin the Carrot's friends and decided to treat myself.

I know, I'm just a big kid ... but a happy one.  😁

And I was even happier when I took my purchases to add to the Foodbank trolley and found it overflowing.  I went and got a cardboard box and piled my things into it and left it alongside the trolley.  People in our town are so kind-hearted.


Sue xx



12 comments:

  1. The little ballerina mouse is so cute - looks like her tutu is a mince pie?
    Good for you for treating yourself as well as others - it's Christmas after all
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, her tutu is a mince pie, and it comes off ... just in case she wants to be less festive for the rest of the year. :-)

      Delete
  2. Love the little mouse. I got one this week too - just couldn't resist. When we were in Carms I used to go into TK-Maxx in the lead up to Christmas and get one with long dangly legs each year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's adorable isn't she. No wonder we bought them. :-)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely, happy blog today, thank you. I love the mouse - very sweet. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am determined to find the happiness ... and ignore all the advertising and people after our money.

      Delete
  4. I love the little mouse too, she's so cute :)
    Re the FoodBank: we attended a carol service in the village on Thursday night and they were having a collection at the end for the local FoodBank. It was pointed out that it was entirely voluntary to put anything in at all as things are so tough right now, but the open collection box (watched over by a lovely lady) was full of bank notes as we popped our contribution in. People are, indeed, so very kind and caring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful, there are so many good people in this world. I keep getting quite emotional when I hear of or read about, things like this.

      Delete
  5. I love the way our hearts open at this time of the year. I wish it could always be so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We simply need more of the good and generous people ... and less of the others.

      Delete
  6. What a cute ornament. I agree we need to have more good and generous people in our world.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now turned off for this old blog of mine. Thank you for reading the posts, I hope you enjoyed them. xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.